facebook

How to enable CSS3 proposals?

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

postma
    Participant

I have Googled the internet and searched the properties and can’t figure out how to enable CSS3 proposals in MyEclipse IDE. Anyone able to lend a hand here?

Cheers!

#470599 Reply

support-swapna

postma,

Which version of MyEclipse are you working with? Please share the MyEclipse Installation Details from menu MyEclipse > Installation Summary > Installation Details.

Go to Window > Preferences > MyEclipse > Files and Editors > CSS > CSS Source > Content Assist and check if the proposals for CSS and CSS Templates are enabled. By default the proposals are enabled. If you have made any changes to this page, then click ‘Restore Defaults’ and check if the proposals appear when you type Ctrl+Space in the editor.

If the issue persists, then please switch to a new workspace and check. If you are still seeing issues, please send us a screenshot of the issue to help us get a visual along with the .log file located at /.metadata/.log for further investigation.

Let us know how it works.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#470612 Reply

postma
    Participant

Sorry I should have been more clear. Proposals are enabled, but only for CSS2. I would like to have the CSS3 proposals available.

#470615 Reply

support-swapna

postma,

The CSS3 proposals are not yet supported in MyEclipse. I have filed an Enhancement request for the dev team and they are looking into it. We will keep you posted about the timeline for its support.

Sorry for inconvenience caused.

Let us know if you have any questions.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#470943 Reply

support-swapna

postma,

Apologies for the misinformation about CSS3 proposals.

Right click on your web project > Properties > MyEclipse > Web Content Settings page.By default the CSS profile is set to ‘none’. For CSS3 support, set the CSS profile to ‘CSS3:Cascading Style Sheets,level 3’.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it works.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#470947 Reply

postma
    Participant

Thanks for getting back to me.

I generally don’t create Web Projects anymore because I have been working with mongoDB, express AngularJS and NodeJS (MEAN stack). This option doesn’t appear for general projects. I suppose I can convert to a faceted project and add Dynamic Web Module and Java.

Unfortunately the CSS3 proposals don’t appear to support flex. I do see other CSS3 features, so I know it is working now.

Cheers!

#471046 Reply

support-swapna

postma,

The CSS3 proposals can be enabled on individual CSS/HTML files as well. Right click on the css/html file > Properties > Web Content Settings.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any questions.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#473942 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

postma,

This is just to let you know that we now have better CSS3 support in release 2016 CI 1. Let us know if you see any problems.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: How to enable CSS3 proposals?

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in