facebook

How to get .p12 File and password

1. MobiOne Archive
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help – General
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

AiadCharkie

Hi, I need to build .p12 and password file for publishing my app into app Store, where and how I can get it, cause am getting this error ( Error: extension .cer did not match expected (p12) )
    Thanks

#332244 Reply
    #332343 Reply

AiadCharkie

Hi, thank you I have build ipa file using your description, but now what i have to do to publish my App into the App store.

#332439 Reply

prawngaara

Am new to Mobione and I have developed an application, what I need to know is how can I generate the application file for apple. If any procedure pertains please describe?.

#332450 Reply

Ideaweb

Hello Guys. Since ive successfully published 6 Apps to the Appstore using Mobione, i will gladly share some information.

First you ofcourse need a developer profile at Apple which has several requirements and also costs.. I was accepted within 25 days, and paid 50£ approx.

There are two major areas on the Apple member center that you will be using.

1. Provisioning Portal

2. Itunes connect

These are available when you have your developer account.

Under Provisioning Portal you need to do following: (remember, you always have Development and Distribution tab at the top)

Create your Private.key if on Windows which i assume.. (use video guides, such as http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpzSXAW0qUI )
    Register your Device via its UDID
    Create App ID, pretty straight forward.
    Created your provisioning profile where you add APP id among others.
    Now request your certificate…

You can download all these files from apple, and then submit them in the build process of Mobione.

So now you can Build your App and get the YOURAPP.ipa file..

Now you need to open Itunes Connect and manage your applications. In this area you will setup every aspect of your App before deployment such as:

Price
    Keywords
    Content area ratings
    Screenshots
    Descriptions
    Homescreen icons
    Support URL
    And ALOT of other stuff.

You also need to fill out everything under the area Bank and Taxing. You need to read agreements, and input your bank info and so on..

After this is complete, you will need to deploy your App. This can be tricky if you dont have a Mac IOS.

You will need to get hold of a mac, or install an emulated version onto your windows PC. After this you can get a program from the developer protal called:

Application Loader

Open the programme, and choose your bundle ID and App upload profile.. After this it will test your app for mistakes and other things such as trademark violations (eg the word Ipad or Iphone) is not allowed inside the app.. 🙁 Took me ages to remove all references.

By the way, if the Application loader rejects the IPA archive, it usually give you an solution.. But sometimes it simply says that the zip archive from mobione is not valid. Do not panic, this can be fixed by rendering again and again until it accepts it… Sometimes ive built 5-6 times before it accepts it..

Good luck!

#332890 Reply

gregjpage

Hi, I am still having trouble with generating the required certificates for my app – I have followed the instructions that Ideaweb suggested in their post regarding this – in particular, the youtube video which was very helpful – however, the key that was generated will not be accepted by Mobione. The key is in the format mykey.key and the browser within the Mobione software allows me to selected it, but an error comes up saying invalid key.

Does anyone know what I might be doing wrong please?

Greg

#332922 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

@gregjpage

> I am still having trouble with generating the required certificates for my app

This thread title is about creating .p12 file. Is that what your are attempting? If yes, what is your intent with this file?

If you are having trouble submitting your signing data in the mobione app build wizard please post a screenshot. Also you must respect that your private.key and your ios.cert certificates are a matched pair. That is, your certificate file can only be used with the private.key that it was generated with. If you loose your private.key then discard your certificate (revoke it in provision portal) and start over with a new private.key. I tell users to treat this data serious and create a directory and keep their private.key, certificate and provision profiles together.

If you can’t get it figured out I recommend contacting kyleparrott at appstoreuploader dot com for direct assistance. He specializes in hands-on assistance for all type of iOS build and appstore upload questions and services.

#332932 Reply

gregjpage

Hi Wayne,

Thanks for your prompt response – greatly appreciated. Yes, I have been using the key generated from my developer certificate. I think I will try contacting Kyle as I am on time schedule with this project and need to get it completed rather soon.

Thanks again,

Greg

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: How to get .p12 File and password

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in