facebook

How to include all external jars in new jar

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Off Topic
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

everZ

Hi,
    I just use MyEclipse to develop a standalone Java application, but I need to use JFreeChart, which has five jars. I have include those jars in the build path, so there is no problem to run my application in MyEclipse on the develop machine. However, it can not find the jars on another machine, unless I put those jars in the jre path. I thought those jars will be included in the new jar file as long as they are in the build path. Obviously, it is not like that. Any suggestions, so that users do not need to copy those jars into jre?

Thanks.

Everett

#226770 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Everett,
    Are you developing a web application or a client application?

I thought those jars will be included in the new jar file as long as they are in the build path.

I have *no* idea what you are referring to here… what “new jar”? How was it created? Are you using Ant? Did you export the project? Are you sharing a workspace? etc.

#226787 Reply

everZ

Thank you Riyad:
    Quick answers to your questions.

Are you developing a web application or a client application?

I am developing a standalone application, not web based one. User should download and install it on his/her local machine.

I thought those jars will be included in the new jar file as long as they are in the build path.

I generated a jar through export function, which i refer it as new jar.

What I really want to ask is how I can include all external jars into my own jar when it is created through export, so that the user does not need to copy the external jars into jre path on his/her machine?

Thanks.

Everett

#226788 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Take a look at the JPackit project, this is exactly what it does: http://sourceforge.net/projects/jpackit/

It is very handy. They are comming out with a new release soon.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: How to include all external jars in new jar

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in