facebook

How to install a plugin in MyEclipse

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Nigel Schoon
    Participant

Sorry, I have searched help and didnt find it…

I have just installed MySQL5.1 and found a plugin on Sun for Eclipse:
    “MySQL Reference Manual Eclipse Doc Plugin” from URL http://dev.mysql.com/doc/

I have downloaded “com.mysql.refman_5.1.en” which contains many html pages plus a plugin.xml file. How do I install this into MyEclipse (and do I need to?)

Many thanks
    Nigel_VS

#309398 Reply

support-joy

Nigel_VS,

I am not sure I understand what is the current issue. If you have installed MySQL, to connect to your databse, you need to use the relevant JDBC driver and you can use the Database driver wizard to setup driver using pre-installed driver templates. I would recommend you go through the tutorials here – http://www.myeclipseide.com/module-htmlpages-display-pid-7.html Please go through the section *Databases*

You haven’t mentioned what is the MyEclipse profile you are on also your installation details. To install a plugin, you can use – Help > Software Updates > Add/Remove Software for ME 8.0 and earlier, in case you are using ME 8.5, click on Help > MyEclipse Configuration Center. Select software tab, search for the plugin and follow the wizard. In case you have a plugin, you can copy the same to [your myeclipse installation dir]/dropins/plugins and restart your IDE. Alternatively, you can also use pulse to install plugins.

#309402 Reply

Nigel Schoon
    Participant

thank you Joy – all sorted – Nigel

#309418 Reply

support-joy

Nigel,

Good to hear you are all set. Let me know if you need other assistance.

Best.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: How to install a plugin in MyEclipse

This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in