facebook

How to modify the indent size

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help

Tagged: ,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

kingcongdon
    Participant

Hi,

I am using the new CodeMix plugin for eclipse and first off want to say that I love the addition and am glad to finally have something that works with Vue.js and makes development easier in the IDE. However, one thing that I am having quite an issue with is being able to edit code mix settings. Primarily I’m just trying to change the tab size and inserting spaces for tabs and it defaults to 4 spaces for tab size and doesn’t have a clear way of changing that. I’ve tried modifying the setting.json file and it doesn’t seem to do anything. I can’t find any documentation online either on what the options are for changing the code settings.

If you can please give some direction that would really help.

#585078 Reply

support-swapna

Michael,

Thanks for trying our new CodeMix plug-in and for you kind comments.

We did respond to your ticket on April 27th with the instructions. I am pasting the reply here again for your convenience.

I’m sorry you’re bumping into some of the rough edges that we’ll be working on prior to full release. In this case, you will be able to set these preferences in the general eclipse editor preferences but this is not yet fully implemented. Although you’ve mentioned changing the settings.json file, it’s not clear that you’ve changed the file that applies here. Currently, you will need to alter the workspace settings file though the settings.json file editor doesn’t yet allow changes to be made. Instead, you will need to edit this file outside of eclipse and they should apply immediately. The location of the file is relative to your workspace folder: .metadata\.plugins\com.genuitec.eclipse.code.core\.codeMixUserData\User\settings.json

Here is an example of a settings.json file with the relevant settings:

{
    “editor.tabSize”: 3,
    “editor.insertSpaces”: “true”
    }

If you want to add other settings, make sure there is a comma between settings. For other settings, this link might help: https://code.visualstudio.com/docs/getstarted/settings

If settings don’t seem to be being picked up, please close and reopen the editor and/or restart eclipse (this shouldn’t be necessary but it is worth trying if there are problems). We have noticed some inconsistencies in some editors so please let us know how you get on.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: How to modify the indent size

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in