facebook

How to prevent MyEclipse to download jar files automatically?

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

karanlmd
    Participant

Hello,

I am working on a project that involves POI jar file.
    I have imported the required packages and added the jar file through build path-> add external jar,But when I compile and run the project, rather then using the jar file I have provided, MyEclipse automatically downloads the jar file of an older version and uses it at the time of deployment.

In the attachment, it shows the jar file MyEclipse is loading.

How is MyEclipse managing the import of these jar files and how can I change the configuration to make it not download and override my own jar files?

Thanks,
    Karan

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #535114 Reply

support-swapna

Karan,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue. MyEclipse 2017 CI by default does not add POI-2.5.1.jar though it does have POI 3.9 related files (poi-ooxml related jars).

Can you please give us some more details to help us investigate further?

1. What kind of a project are you working with? Is it a web/maven web/standalone etc? If it is a maven project, then please check if the pom.xml has a dependency for poi 2.5.1.
    2. Have you installed any third party plugins to MyEclipse 2017? If yes, please share details about the plugins.
    3. Also share with us the MyEclipse Version and Build Id details from Help > About MyEclipse section and the server details to which the project is being deployed.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#535116 Reply

karanlmd
    Participant

I am working on dynamic web project. The osgi is downloading dependencies for project and we are not able to find how it’s configured in myeclipse. Its downloading dependent jars automatically for us. We want know how myeclipse is managing it.

1. This project is not managed with maven. Its using osgi to download some dependent jars.
    2. We are using myeclipse 2017

-Thanks
    Karan

• This reply was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by karanlmd.
    #535157 Reply

support-swapna

Karan,

We are looking into the problem. Please also share with us the contents of the project’s META-INF/MANIFEST.MF file.

Sorry for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#535206 Reply

karanlmd
    Participant

Hello,

The problem is solved. To solve it, I went to “MyEclipse 2017 CI\configuration\org.eclipse.equinox.simpleconfigurator” then edited the “bundles.info” file and deleted the spring2 package. This solved the problem of poi file automatically downloading.

Thanks

-Karan

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: How to prevent MyEclipse to download jar files automatically?

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in