facebook

How to remove web project capabilities [Closed]

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

john

I’ve incorrectly specified the web root folder when adding web project capabilities to my java project. The MyEclipse-Web project properties allow the context root to be changed, but not the web root folder, so I want to remove and re-add web project capabilities. I don’t see how to do this.

According to rkalla in this message http://www.myeclipseide.com/PNphpBB2+file-viewtopic-t-1939-highlight-remove+web+project+capabilities.html this feature was to be included in 3.8 GA. I’m on 3.8.2.

Am I missing something?

If there’s a way to change the web root folder that I’ve missed, that would solve my problem, but it would still be nice to know how to remove web project capabilities altogether. There’s at least one other thread where this question has been asked and not answered: http://www.myeclipseide.com/PNphpBB2+file-viewtopic-t-1939-highlight-remove+web+project+capabilities.html (probably because the thread was closed).

Thanks.
    -john.

#220566 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

John,

You can remove the web root capabilities on a project by selecting it in the Package Explorer view and using the main menu bar to select MyEclipse > Remove Web Project Capabilities

#220591 Reply

john

Doh! Thanks.

For usability’s sake, I think it would make sense for that to appear in the context menu. It’s strange that some things appear in both places, some appear only on the main menu bar’s MyEclipse menu, and some appear only on the context menu’s MyEclipse menu.

-john.

#220597 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Duely noted, will add it to tracker. Thanks John.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: How to remove web project capabilities [Closed]

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in