facebook

How to remove WebService from existing project ?

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Web Services
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Hi!

i have a myeclipse web project and i want to remove the WebService capabilities from them. How can i do that ?
    (please describe how can i do that manually if an autoway does not exist)

Thanks in advance

#274320 Reply

Riyad Kalla

You need to remove it manually.

1) Edit the .project file and remove the com.genuitec.eclipse.ws.xfire.wsbuilder builder
    2) Also remove the com.genuitec.eclipse.ws.xfire.wsnature nature from the bottom of the .project file, save and close it.
    3) Erase the WebServices directory
    4) Remove the corresponding XFire libraries from your build path.

#274352 Reply

I have done all this steps
    My project compiles and runs perfectly but an Error problem apears in Problems View
    at the description say ” Project property “XFire services.xml path” does not refer to a valid file”.
    i dont know where is this property entry, i cant find it.

#274373 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Ahh, I think you also need to erase the “com.genuitec.eclipse.ws.xfire.prefs” file in the .settings folder in your project as well.

#280829 Reply

scharles

I’m running into the same problems removing web services from my project. I modified the .project and .settings files as shown above andI also found references to the web service in web.xml which i removed.
    I compile but am still getting the same error: Project property “XFire services.xml path” does not refer to a valid file.
    What am I missing?

#280867 Reply

Riyad Kalla

scharles,
    Do you still have the Web Services folder with the services.xml file in it? It’s possible if the validator is still running on that project that it’s noticing little inconsistencies in the remaining left-over services file or something like that.

1 more thought, after you made the changes to .project, you need to close and reopen your project. That might be why it’s reporting an invalid services path… it might still think it’s a services project (cached in memory) and didn’t see the nature was removed.

#281086 Reply

scharles

Hello,

After I removed web services capabilites from my project I also removed the Web Services folder. I refreshed and recompiled, without shutting down the IDE, and that was when the “XFire services.xml path” showed up. Since removing the IDE has been open and shut several times.
    I have looked through the entire project tree and could not find any references to web services or services.xml. Are there any ‘hidden’ myEclipse files where there may be an artifact reference to services.xml?

#281197 Reply

Riyad Kalla

The only “hidden” files are dot files in the root of the project, they can be viewed from the Navigator view, and the only ones that could contain information that might trigger that are the .project file (might include either a builder or a nature that is trigger that to run) or maybe some services specific dot file?

#284836 Reply

tngraessler

I had the same issue. Deleting the project from workspace (without deleting it from disk) and re-importing it solved this problem.

#284933 Reply

wavstudio

try these steps:
    1.remove servlet statement of xfire from web.xml,the content like this:
    <servlet>
    <servlet-name>XFireServlet</servlet-name>
    <servlet-class>org.codehaus.xfire.transport.http.XFireConfigurableServlet</servlet-class>
    <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
    </servlet>
    <servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>XFireServlet</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>/services/*</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>
    after this step,during starting your project,xfire will not be started

2.remove webservice folder and all it’s sub folders and files from your project
    3.remove all xfire related libraries from the build path of your project

now,you will get a clean web project

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Reply To: How to remove WebService from existing project ?

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in