facebook

how to restore a deleted project from a flash disk

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

amir55
    Participant

hi all

I have by mistake deleted my project via myeclipse ide and I want to restore it back. How to do it?

I have not deployed it yet so I can get it back from the recycle bin or if it is not in a flash disk then also I can get it from the recycle bin.

so I need myeclipse to help me restore it if possible

many thanks

Amir

#266372 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Amir,

When you delete a project in the workspace, the default is simply to remove the “reference” to it from the workspace, but not to remove the files off of disk. So, if you look externally on your drive you should see the project directory is still there unless when prompted you also selected “Delete the files from the file system” as well. To re-add your project back to the workspace use File > Import > Existing Projects Into Workspace and browse to the root of your workspace directory. Then, just select your project’s folder from the list.

#266389 Reply

amir55
    Participant

hi sir

I have acutally deleted it from file system too. here is the trouble

but I only have just the name of its copy here

D:\Eclipse_Group\eclipse-3.1.2\workspace\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.ltk.core.refactoring\.refactorings\Copy of MyDeveloperGuide\2006\12\51

so many thanks for the reply or if there is a tool to read disk then will do

Amir

#266395 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Amir,

If you’ve also deleted it from the file system I’m afraid there isn’t much we can do to recover it.

#266458 Reply

Greg

Amir,

Sorry to hear about your deletion mishap. I have done that myself and lost hours of work. I have personally restored some deleted files using a file restore program for windows. I can’t endorse any specific program but just go to download.com and look for file restore utilities. Good luck.

#700026 Reply

DataWizard0103
    Participant

If you accidentally deleted your project from MyEclipse IDE, you may be able to recover it from your local disk. Start by checking your trash or recycle bin on your desktop. If you can’t find it there, search for the project in the directory where you originally saved it. You can also try using MyEclipse’s local history function to recover earlier versions of the project. If all else fails, consider using data recovery professional software to retrieve the erased files. Keep in mind that the chances of a successful recovery decrease the longer you wait, so act quickly. Overwritten files may become unrecoverable, so it’s important to take immediate action.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: how to restore a deleted project from a flash disk

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in