facebook

How to run application outside of MyEclipse

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Matisse/Swing UI Development
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

sienaluke

i created a swing app with MatisseMyEclipse and ran it in eclipse no problem, but how do i run it outside of the IDE so i can test it on other machines. i am usually used to writing web based projects with jboss so i never had to set classpaths for those

thanks

#251698 Reply

Riyad Kalla

That depends on how you package it. If you plan to package up your project as a JAR, then just make sure to have your JAR, and the swing-layout JAR in your classpath. You can also package your project up and create the propert MANIFEST for your main JAR, that adds a proper Class-Path entry to reference the swing-layout JAR in it, so you could just double click on the JAR to run it.

#251765 Reply

sienaluke

i was able to jar it up and run it i also have some other jars that are jar with my class files. the only problem is that it doesn’t work when i move it to a different directory

#252129 Reply

Peterlih

hm … I had the same problem. My workaroud: Build and run the project in eclipse (then the classes are compiled). Then run a new project in netbeans 5, import the needed libraries. Copy the copiled sources in the bin folder of the netbeans projekt. Copy also the *.java files in the src folder. Build and run the project in netbeans. Now you find a runnable jar file in the dist folder of your filesystem.

Note: The libraries will be exported in an extra folder. When you copy the jar to another location, you will have to copy the folder structure as well …

Second note: Actually I’m not sitting at my developement computer. I hope, I described the workaround coorectly out of my mind …

Third note: matisse4myeclipse and netbeans work fine together!

Last note: I’m using eclipse, cause I need this environment for my projects. But you can use netbeans for this dirty trick! Of course, there are several ways to use the export function of eclipse. But I often had problems with the Manifest file. Well the dirty way using netbeans works any time!

#252152 Reply

sienaluke

i found a plugin called fat jar which works nicely

#252161 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Link?

#252655 Reply

smulgund

This appears to be the thing:

http://fjep.sourceforge.net/

I’ve gotten used to a capability like this in JBuilder, so I was a bit bummed not to find it natively in Eclipse. Problem solved!

@support-rkalla wrote:

Link?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: How to run application outside of MyEclipse

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in