facebook

How to run MyEclipse Blue in 32 bit mode

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

sarathy64
    Participant

I have installed MyEclipse Blue in 64 bit mode and it works great. I have been asked to work on a project that requires a 32 bit plugin so have a need to run the IDE in 32 bit mode. I already have many workspaces and don’t want to uninstall and reinstall the 32 bit version of the IDE. So, I tried specifying the 32 bit jvm but it gives me this error.

JVM startup using -vm argument to use 32 bit JVM:
    “C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\MyEclipse Blue Edition\MyEclipse Blue Edition 10\myeclipse-blue.exe” -vm “c:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin\javaw.exe”

Error in the dialog box:
    The windowing libraries for your operating system and architecture are not available. Please confirm that you are using the installer that corresponds to your architecture.

#344784 Reply

Sarat,

You can install a copy of MyEclipse Blue 32bit in your machine without uninstalling the existing 64bit MyEclipse Blue. Inorder to install another copy, you need to rerun ‘MyEclipse blue’ installer, it will list you 4 options. Select ‘Install another’ option and Click Next > Accept the license agreement and click Next > Choose the title for installation and click Next > Select the installation location and click Next > Select Software (select All) and click Next > Select 32 bit and click Next to perform the 32 bit installation.

Let us know how it works for you.

#344804 Reply

sarathy64
    Participant

Hi Pradeep, Thank you.

I get an error stating MyEclipse is already installed and don’t see the 4 options. See attached screenshot.

Regards,
    -sarathy

@support-pradeep wrote:

Sarat,

You can install a copy of MyEclipse Blue 32bit in your machine without uninstalling the existing 64bit MyEclipse Blue. Inorder to install another copy, you need to rerun ‘MyEclipse blue’ installer, it will list you 4 options. Select ‘Install another’ option and Click Next > Accept the license agreement and click Next > Choose the title for installation and click Next > Select the installation location and click Next > Select Software (select All) and click Next > Select 32 bit and click Next to perform the 32 bit installation.

Let us know how it works for you.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #344825 Reply

sarathy,

Sorry, I thought you were using MyEclipse10 version and posted the installation instruction for MyEclipse 10 version.

For MyEclipse blue 2013, you need to delete the MyEclipse blue entry from ‘C:\Users\<username>\.deliverycenter.installs’ file and then rerun the MyEclipse blue 2013 installer and follow the wizard to install another copy.

Hope this helps and let us know how it works for you.

#344843 Reply

sarathy64
    Participant

Hi Pradeep,

Thank you so much for the quick turnaround. I updated .deliverycenter.installs file as you suggested and I was able to install the 32 bit version of MyEclipse Blue.

Regards,
    -sarathy

#344851 Reply

Sarathy,

Thanks for getting back to us.
    Let us know if you see any issues,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: How to run MyEclipse Blue in 32 bit mode

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in