facebook

How to set Orion JDK name

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

aschulz

Im testing MyEclipse with with an Orion 2.0.2. I created a testproject and configured all options for orion 2 in the myeclipse preferences. When I try to start Orion with the myeclipse funktion in the toolbar a dialog shows up saying that I should verify the preference field “Orion JDK name”.

I dont find it. Please tell me where to find it and how to set it.

Tanks in advance.
    Alex

#202342 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Alex,
    It is referring to the field:
    Window->Preferences->MyEclipse->Application Servers->Orion->JDK, and use the dropdown to select your JDK.

Now you are probably going to say “I did, and its valid”. And then I will say “Application servers need to use a JDK not a JRE. By default Eclipse picks up a JRE. You need to go to Window->Preferences->Java->Installed JREs, then change the JRE home directory to point to a JDK installation directory not a JRE installation directory”. THen for good measure, restart Eclipse and see if that works.

#202377 Reply

aschulz

Hi,

first of all, thanks for your quick answer.

I changed to the JDK under Window->Preferences->Java->Installed JREs but there is no dropdown for the JDK in dialog under Window->Preferences->MyEclipse->Application Servers->Orion 2.

I hope someone can help.

Thanks.
    Alex

#202378 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Alex,
    When you change to point to the JDK, it only changes the JRE home directory and all the paths for the libraries, it doesn’t change the JRE’s name (which is what you see in the application server launch drop down). So while it may still SAY “jreblahblahblah” as long as you set it up correctly to point to a JDK, it should work.

You can try changing the JRE’s name to “j2sdk1.4.2” or something like that, then see if the launch dropdown on the application server screen represents it correctly. Don’t forget its a good idea to restart between some of these steps because I am not sure how some of these tools read in or cache the JRE setting.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: How to set Orion JDK name

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in