facebook

How to setup Custermized Classpath witin MEB 9.0

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. WebSphere Development
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

usryjw

Hi there,

By editing setupCmdLine.bat (c:\…\WebSphere\AppServer\profiles\MyServer\bin\) and starting server from windows, I am able to setup custermized classpath for my application. Unfortunately, when I started the same server within MyEclipse Blue, all my custermized classpath setup was not picked up. I did setup the classpath through the admin console.

Can you help on this?

BTW, the server status is not in sync, when the server was started from windows. It would be nice it MEB can make it in sync or provide a “Refresh” fucntion to refresh the status of the server.

Thanks,

#317692 Reply

usryjw

Can someone please help me on this? Usually one of you support guys will respond within the next business day. This question has been posted for several days. Did I ask a tough question?

Thanks,

#317707 Reply

support-swapna

usryjw,

Sorry for the delay. I have escalated this to the dev team. They will get back to you.

#317735 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

usryjw,

I believe that the recommended way of using external jar files is to define a shared library and associating it with your application. This can be done from the Websphere admin console.

In case you’re not able to do this, could you explain further some of the information you gave in your first post:

Have you successfully run your application when starting Websphere outside of MyEclipse, using the external jar file and did it use classes from that jar file?
      What version of Websphere are you using?
      What did you mean when you said you had changed the classpath using the admin console?
    #317775 Reply

usryjw

Thanks for you reply.

I think the external jar file may help me to find the class files from the external jar file, but what I was trying to do is to define a classpaht, wich contains several properties files and xml files for my application to read, such like envrionment.properties.

I have successfully run the app outside of MyEclipse.

I am using WebSphere 6.1;

From the admin console, I updated the following general properties to apply my customized classpath.
    Servers->Application servers->server1->Java and Process Management->Process Definition->Java Virtual Machine->Classpath (General Properties)

#317791 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

usryjw,

Here is what the Websphere 6.1 help says about that Classpath that you changed with the admin console:

The only classpaths that should be added to this field are the ones that specify the location of the following items:

An inspection or monitoring tool to your system.
    JAR files for a product that runs on top of this product.
    JVM diagnostic patches or fixes.

Processing errors might occur if you add classpaths to this field that specify the location of the following items:

JAR files for resource providers, such as DB2. The paths to these JAR files should be added to the relevant provider class paths.
    A user JAR file that is used by one or more of the applications that you are running on the product. The path to this type of JAR file should be specified within each application that requires that JAR file, or in server-associated shared libraries.
    An extension JAR file. If you need to add an extension JAR file to your system, you should use the ws.ext.dirs JVM custom property to specify the absolute path to this JAR file. You can also place the JAR file in the WAS_HOME/lib/ext/ directory, but using the ws.ext.dirs JVM custom property is the recommended approach for specifying the path to an extension JAR file.

So, other than shared libraries, I’m not sure what else to suggest. I see no reason why you can’t include anything that you can include in any classpath, such as property files.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: How to setup Custermized Classpath witin MEB 9.0

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in