facebook

how to upload a large database so can access offline

1. MobiOne Archive
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help – General
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

PaulLeBlanc
    Participant

Hi Guys,
    I have my app going to the poiint I need to access large amounts of data. How do I upload/ convert a database that contains 6000 records so that I can access them from within my program while “not on the web”? Each record has 7 fields. The end program will be for I-OS and Android.
    Thanks,
    Paul

#335429 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

Hi Paul,

MobiOne does not provide a way to package app data outside of the web-content area. I have seen some iOS hacks that require low level coding and building outside of MobiOne’s support. I also tried an OSS framework a while back but it was crap-source and wasted tons of time on it.

One approach is to extract your db as a json formatted file that is bundled into your app as an additional file. Then in your app use javascript to load the db on 1st startup.

#335441 Reply

PaulLeBlanc
    Participant

HI Wayne,
    Thanks for the response. I’m wondering how fast the search response will be , but I’ll give it a try and post results.
    I can format my db as a json formatted file (I looked it up!!). Can you provide me with a simple “.mobi” that shows the js coding of reading and displaying the data of a json file?
    It would be greatly appreciated by me and many others, I am sure.
    Paul

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: how to upload a large database so can access offline

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in