facebook

HTML Design View

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Web Development (HTML, CSS, etc.)
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

ds51060

I am developing an Eclipse Help plugin and am evaluating the use of MyEclipse to author the HTML, XML, and CSS files that we will use. I have created a CSS file and pointed the HTML file to that file and when I hand code the paragraph and class it works fine. But, in Design mode if I select Paragraph, I don’t see a selection of the classes that are in the CSS file. Am I missing a setting, or is this feature not present.

I’m using MyEclipse 3.8.4
    Eclipse Platform 3.0.1
    Win2K

Thank you.

#226836 Reply

Riyad Kalla

This feature is currently not present but is on our TODO list.

#226843 Reply

ds51060

Thank you very much for your response. I’ll continue to watch MyEclipse for that feature. Until then I’ll use Nvu as a work around.

#226845 Reply

Riyad Kalla

What do you think of Nvu? When it was announced it looked very nice, but I never got a chance to try it…

#226846 Reply

ds51060

I like it. Because I’m using it to create help pages for a context sensitive help, I am not doing anything sophisticated with it. I like the publish website feature, and I do like how when I select a paragraph format that I have a dropdown list of all the classes that are available in the proper CSS file. It is very handy. I have a friend who tried to use it to create his home website. He liked the ease, but in the end was unhappy with the formatting of tables, so he stopped using it and has gone to hand coding.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: HTML Design View

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in