facebook

HTML editing broken after update

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Webclipse 1.x Help
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Matthew Pangaro
    Participant

After updating through the update mechanism, editing html angular templates no longer worked properly. When I edit a file, Ctl- accelerators like find, save, etc, no long do anything, and if I try to Ctl-v paste, it often pastes into a different editor than is visually activated.

I originally installed through NPM, and tried removing my old installation and re-doing the npm install, ngide install… sequence, but the behavior is the same.

Not sure what to do next, but it’s putting a major blocker into being able to work on this, so having to drop back to VSCode for now. Any help or suggestions would be great.

Version info:
    Angular IDE by Webclipse 1.5.0.20170331-1603 epp.package.angularide Genuitec, LLC
    Darkest Dark Theme 1.7.3.201703311558 com.genuitec.eclipse.theming.feature.feature.group Genuitec, LLC
    Eclipse Git Team Provider 4.4.1.201607150455-r org.eclipse.egit.feature.group Eclipse EGit
    Eclipse Help System 2.2.0.v20160907-1200 org.eclipse.help.feature.group Eclipse.org
    Eclipse JSON Editors and Tools 1.0.0.v201609072018 org.eclipse.wst.json_ui.feature.feature.group Eclipse Web Tools Platform
    Eclipse Platform 4.6.1.v20160907-1200 org.eclipse.platform.feature.group Eclipse.org
    Eclipse Web Developer Tools 3.8.1.v201609072018 org.eclipse.wst.web_ui.feature.feature.group Eclipse Web Tools Platform
    Eclipse XML Editors and Tools 3.8.0.v201608061842 org.eclipse.wst.xml_ui.feature.feature.group Eclipse Web Tools Platform
    Equinox p2, Provisioning for IDEs. 2.2.200.v20160815-1406 org.eclipse.equinox.p2.user.ui.feature.group Eclipse.org – Equinox
    JavaScript Development Tools 2.0.0.v201608301904 org.eclipse.wst.jsdt.feature.feature.group Eclipse Web Tools Platform
    JavaScript Development Tools Chromium/V8 Remote Debugger 0.4.0.v201609071943 org.eclipse.wst.jsdt.chromium.debug.feature.feature.group Eclipse Web Tools Platform
    Webclipse Angular 1.7.3.201703311603 com.genuitec.eclipse.webclipse.angular2.feature.feature.group Genuitec, LLC
    Webclipse Foundation 1.7.3.201703311603 com.genuitec.eclipse.webclipse.commons.feature.feature.group Genuitec, LLC
    Webclipse JavaScript Debugger 1.7.3.201703311603 com.genuitec.eclipse.webclipse.jsdebugger.feature.feature.group Genuitec, LLC
    Webclipse JSjet 1.7.3.201703311603 com.genuitec.eclipse.webclipse.jsjet.feature.feature.group Genuitec, LLC
    Webclipse Navigation & Research Aides 1.7.3.201703311603 com.genuitec.eclipse.webclipse.navigation.feature.feature.group Genuitec, LLC
    Webclipse Terminal Plus 1.7.3.201703311558 com.genuitec.eclipse.webclipse.terminal.feature.feature.group Genuitec, LLC
    WST Server Adapters 3.2.500.v201606081655 org.eclipse.wst.server_adapters.feature.feature.group Eclipse Web Tools Platform
    WST Server UI 3.3.655.v201609011813 org.eclipse.wst.server_ui.feature.feature.group Eclipse Web Tools Platform

#518710 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Matthew,

Those issues sound terrible – we can’t think of anything we’ve changed that would cause this behaviour, but hope we’ll be able to get this sorted out soon.

1) Sanity check: Go to Windows > Preferences > General > Keys. Does the keybinding scheme say “Default” or “Emacs”? It should typically be Default – with Emacs, Ctrl + S is unbound and does nothing. You could also try typing “Ctrl + S” into the filter field on this page and see what command shows up in the table.

2) Do the Ctrl keybindings fail 100% of the time? For instance, does Ctrl + S always do nothing, or does it work sometimes? Do other bindings work? For instance, does Alt + F bring up the file menu? (assuming you’re on Windows)

3) What editors have you reproduced the problem in? Is it problematic in only the TypeScript and say HTML editors, or does it fail in all editors? Does it occur in files across several projects?
    To test, can you try creating a simple text file in your project, editing some text and then hitting Ctrl + S – does that work?

4) Can you try switching to a new workspace and see if you can reproduce the problem there in a dummy project? Use File > Switch Workspace > Other and specify a new directory to switch to a new Workspace. Create a new project here and try to reproduce the problem, you can them import your existing project and see if that works.

5) Is this your first Angular IDE update? The current release you’re on is 2017 CI 4 (1.7.3), for roughly how long were you using Angular IDE prior to this?

6) What OS are you on? Can you send us the .log file from the workspace which fails? You can find this file at /.metadata/.log (note the periods at the start of the folder and file names).

Hope we’re able to get you back up and running soon!

#518721 Reply

Matthew Pangaro
    Participant

1) I’ve checked the key-combos in the settings, and they appear to be right.

2) Weirdly, Ctl-Shft-s works, but Ctl-s doesn’t. There are a number of other things that don’t, though I’m not sure I could catalog easily the full set. It seems like each combination either does or doesn’t work, it’s not intermittent.

3) It doesn’t happen at all in the TypeScript editor. That seems to be have normally. The weird thing is if I have a component.ts and its .html file open, and I switch from the .ts to the .html, then do Ctl-v to paste some code, it’ll get pasted in the .ts file, so if I then save all, it’ll break that.

4) I’ll have to keep digging, but can’t afford too much time messing with it. I’ll try creating a new workspace tonight.

5) I think it might be the first time I’ve updated, or at least the first time since purchasing the license. I’ve been using it for at least a month.

6) Windows 8, unfortunately. Log attached.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #518724 Reply

timwebb
    Keymaster

Thanks for the details! As we continue to dig into this, would it be possible to just try one small change for us to see if you can continue working and the editor issues go away? We added in a check using a semver library that is used to check if the Angular CLI version is 1.0.0 or an earlier beta — that library seems to be failing on a ^1.0.0 specification.

Mind checking if either of locations has ^1.0.0, and if you find it, update it to be 1.0.0 on it’s own?

.angular-cli.json > project > version
    package.json > devDependencies > @angular/cli

Thanks kindly!

#518778 Reply

cedGayatech
    Participant

Hi,
    i experienced a similar issue yesterday. My project was in angular 2, I did the upgrade manually to Angular 4 then I upgraded AngularIDE.
    I wasn’t able to open HTML and also TS files… and in case of already opened files, it was the same problem (the save action was impossible,…). I saw in the error log a recurring error that I attached

I tried to create a new project which took several minutes but at least I had a recent to compare if something was wrong with my existing project. Then I removed the broken one and tried to import it but Angular IDE told me that my .angular-cli.json was missing or incorrect (dont remember the exact message). So, the last solution (because I’m used to this issue with Eclipse :D) I removed the .project file and the .settings directory. I also changed the version of @angular/cli in package.json (^1.0.0 => 1.0.0).
    The import worked and everything is up and running again !

Not sure about the .project/.settings removal but thanks @timwebb for the input about the angular CLI version trick.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #518854 Reply

support-swapna

Matthew/cedGayatech,

We released 2017 CI 4a with the fix for the issue you reported. Please update to CI 4a from menu Help > Webclipse > Check for Updates and let us know how it works for you.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#519120 Reply

cedGayatech
    Participant

Hi,
    thanks for the fix, I rollbacked my package.json and everything is working great.

#519255 Reply

Matthew Pangaro
    Participant

Yeah, I was able to do the update and reset my json to ^1.0.0 and it all appears to be working properly again.

Thanks!

#519289 Reply

support-swapna

Matthew/cedGayatech,

Thank you for getting back to us. Please let us know if you see any issues.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: HTML editing broken after update

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in