facebook

HTML Editor Replacing Char Refs w/ Chars

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Web Development (HTML, CSS, etc.)
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

hchuck

Please forgive me if this is question is simply the result of an ignorant user. I tried to search the documentation and the forum topics, but I couldn’t find a match…

I’m looking for a way to “turn off” the following behavior:

I’m editing HTML pages using the MyEclipse HTML Editor. Using the Source View, I enter character entity references (such as “•”). However, when I go the Design View and make other changes, the HTML Editor seems to replace the references that I typed with the actual character (a bullet), so when I try to save the file, I receive the following error:

Encoding warning

The encoding (ISO-8859-1) cannot convert some characters (such as the one in position 1212). Press ‘OK’ to save anyway (and some characters will be converted to ‘?’ in the saved file), or press ‘Cancel’ to return to the editor.

How can I turn off this automatic replacement that the HTML Editor is doing?

Thanks,
    Heather

System Details:

Operating System: Windows XP Professional – Version 5.1 with SP2
    Eclipse Version: 3.0.1
    Eclipse Build ID: 200409161125
    MyEclipse Version: 3.8.3
    MyEclipse Build ID: 200412061200-3.8.3
    JDK: 1.4.2_02

#229995 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Heather,
    Heather first let me say that this is definately not the intended behavior, we had a few bugs in the designer in the 3.8.x series of MyEclipse and some limitations that were holding us back, this is one of the biggest reasons we have written from the ground up a new HTML/JSP designer for MyEclipse 4.0 (will be in Milestone 2 due out in afew weeks) that will put our HTML designer on par with the likes of Dreamweaver. I would encourage you to not use the designer until we can release out updated designer that will most likely fix this bug for you. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: HTML Editor Replacing Char Refs w/ Chars

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in