facebook

HTML encoding – charset problem

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Bugs
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

frantuma

When modifying a html file in MyEclipse HTML Editor, some strange behaviour occurs for non ASCII characters.

What happens is that if I type a char like ‘à’ and save the file, close the editor and reopen the editor what I get is some garbage instead of ‘à’ (ex. ‘à‘).

I have tried different encoding for the editor but still the same

The files I am working with come from a CVS repository I am connected to through Eclipse Team mechanism. This seems to be part of the problem, since I tried to reproduce the same wrong behaviour on files not connected to CVS, using MyEclipse HTML editor and chars are NOT changed.

Note however that there is NO CVS operation going on in between, that means that I simply open a file with HTML editor on local machine, change it, save it, close the editor, reopen the editor. CVS is not contacted at all in these operations.

I have Eclipse 3.0.1 with MyEclipse 3.8.2 on a Win 200 pro machine.

Thanks

#218550 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Frantuma,
    Can you try and create a new file using the HTML editor and don’t put it under source control, and then edit it, save, close and reopen it and see if its effected? I wonder if the file you are testing this with was actually originall saved in ASCII format, and the editor is just honoring this setting, so lets try and create a new file to reproduce the problem.

#218838 Reply

Hello,

Please see my post https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/cannot-safe-japanese-characters-with-iso-8859-1/&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight= for an example when the MyEclipse HTML editor breaks non-ASCII characters.

#218847 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Duley noted Aaron, thank you.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: HTML encoding – charset problem

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in