facebook

HTML overview and formatting

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

jacorbital
    Participant

I really like what Codemix have brought to Eclipse with regards to Javascript/Typescript but I am still missing a good visualization of begin-end of a HTML block. This is far superior in VS Code. VS Code have vertical lines in the left side from begin to end tag. Also you have +/- to expand/collapse. In Eclipse with CodeMix I just get an unnoticable background color of the matcing end-tag (I am using dark dev style so thats some of the reason, but still …). Is there something I need to enable to improve it?

Also when Eclipse/Codemix do not understand the syntax on an inner level it becomes uable to higlight begin/end on the outer level – example:
    <div>
    </img>
    </div>
    … that should not be impossible to improve!

Also: Why is CodeMix not autoformatting my HTML when I save? How do I turn it on?

Thanks

#600548 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

jacorbital,

Thanks for your comments and I’m glad you like CodeMix.

The vertical lines you see in Visual Studio Code are not actually showing the start and end of HTML elements, though it probably looks like that if you’ve indented your code properly. The lines are merely indent guides. The attached image may illustrate this better, where you can see that lines are set at regular intervals (the tab size) rather than being aligned to start and end of element (with some elements not even having closing tags). The setting that controls this is "editor.renderIndentGuides" (set to true or false). However, this is not currently honored in CodeMix and I’ve raised a request with development to look at whether this can be actioned.

Code folding is something we have penciled in for a future release but I don’t have a schedule for that. Sorry about this.

Regarding the problems with visualization when some markup has errors, I’m not sure we can do anything about that, though I’ve also raised this with development to see if we can do better than Visual Studio Code for this.

Finally, you can add a setting to have CodeMix format code when saving. This is the "editor.formatOnSave" setting. Go to Window>Preferences>CodeMix>Settings>Workspace Settings and set that setting to true, then click Apply and Close. See the attached screenshot for reference.

Please let us know how this works for you.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: HTML overview and formatting

This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in