facebook

HTML preview and design for Linux [Closed]

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

snpe

Why isn’t there this features for Linux ?
    Did it plane ?

Regards

#207180 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Right now, that feature takes advantage of OLE and the embedded IE install on Windows. An upcoming version will be available using Mozilla on Linux, but I don’t have timing on it. We haven’t forgotten you though, it’s coming.

#207208 Reply

snpe

Do You expect that eclipse team do any work or You have to add features ?

Thanks

#207209 Reply

Riyad Kalla

The biggest limitation is the lack of the browser widget in the Eclipse 2.x platform, this was ‘fixed’ in Eclipse 3.0 with a mozilla-dervied browser widget which we can take advantage of.

The designer will also go through many more itterations before the GA release.

#207246 Reply

snpe

eclipse 3.0 m9 is api freeze and M8 and M9- (I try cvs from May 19) are very stable – Do you work first development on 3.0 – how much users work with eclipse 2 yet

regards

#207265 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Do you work first development on 3.0

Right now, we work on 2.x first, then port it to 3.0. However, this will most likely change in the very near future as Eclipse 3.0 gets closer to GA.

how much users work with eclipse 2 yet

Right now we still have a few percentage more on 2.x than 3.0, but expect that to continue to shift toward 3.0 as time moves forward.

#227547 Reply

cmcbrien

I read with interest the list of features for ME 4.0. Can you tell us which of those features are not going to be available on Linux?

#227552 Reply

Greg

The JSP WYSIWYG designer will initally only be available on win32 platform for ME 4.0. Cross platform support for the WYSIWYG designer will be addressed later in the MyEclipse 4 series. The rest of the 4.0/4.1 feature set will be available on all official eclipse supported platforms.

#238029 Reply

jakegage

This message has not been recovered.

#238030 Reply

Riyad Kalla

#238032 Reply

jakegage

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Reply To: HTML preview and design for Linux [Closed]

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in