facebook

HTML Validation complains on some Angular elements, e.g.*ngIf, *ngFor, formGroup

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Christian
    Participant

Hi,

Recently I switched from CodeMix inside latest Eclipse to MyEclipse 2021.5.24. Almost everything works fine with my migrated Java and Angular projects, but there is one annoying issue in validation of Angular templates, which was fine in CodeMix.

Some Angular elements seem to be unknown to the HTML validator, and thus marked in red. This happens for the following standard elements, but maybe I missed some:
    – *ngIf: Can’t bind to ‘ngIf’ since it isn’t a known property of ‘br’.
    – *ngFor: Can’t bind to ‘ngForOf’ since it isn’t a known property of ‘app-person-entry’.
    – [formGroup]: Can’t bind to ‘formGroup’ since it isn’t a known property of ‘form’.
    It also happens for some elements from 3rd party libraries like fa-icon from @fortawesome/angular-fontawesome.

Is there some configuration that I can change to avoid this? Because lots of my templates have an *ngIf on root element, most of my template code is underlined in red 🙁

Thanks in advance for any help.

Best regards,
    Christian

#677924 Reply

support-swapna

Christian,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue.
    Which version of Angular CLI is this project based on? We have a known issue with incorrect validation for Angular 13 projects.
    The validation and other Angular support in MyEclipse 2021 comes from Language Server tech, but we do have some breaks which the dev team is looking into.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#677974 Reply

Christian
    Participant

Hi Swapna,

Indeed I use Angular 13, and it is not so easy to switch back. Is there a chance that the “breaks” will be fixed soon? If not, do you know a workaround?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
    Christian

#678793 Reply

Christian
    Participant

Hi Swapna,

Anything new on this one?
    Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
    Christian

#678898 Reply

support-swapna

Christian,

This is a high priority fix for the next release of MyEclipse due in first quarter of this year. Unfortunately, apart from ignoring the errors, there is no workaround for now.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#678953 Reply

Christian
    Participant

Hi Swapna,
    Thanks for your answer. Although ignoring the error messages is quite hard, I’ll live with it.
    Regards,
    Christian

#680005 Reply

Christian
    Participant

Hi Swapna,

I just installed latest version of MyEclipse, and the error messages are indeed gone. Thanks for the fix!

Best regards,
    Christian

#680030 Reply

support-swapna

Christian,

Thank you for picking up the update and sharing the feedback.
    Do let us know if you see any other issues.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: HTML Validation complains on some Angular elements, e.g.*ngIf, *ngFor, formGroup

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in