facebook

I can not debug JSPs

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

sitomania

Hello,

I do have a Jsp Applicaction, and I have the follow problem:
    I Load the index.jsp without any problem in a resanable time.
    The problem is when I click in any of the links of the page. It does not do anything. It starts to load ( in the status bar…. loading blah.jps…. ) but nothing more than that. So I can never get to my breakpoints !!
    Please help!

Jesus B.

#196811 Reply

sitomania

Each time I add a breakpoint I believe the execution stops, but I can continue with the execution step by step. I get the program stopped in a line but nothing else than that!
    HELP!

#196812 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Open the Debug Perspective, Debug View. Does your application show up? Do you see the threads? Are some of them stopped at the breakpoints? Are the stepping controls at the top of the view active?

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

#196814 Reply

sitomania

Actually I want to debug a jsp and beans:
    with jsps if I add a breakpoint to it, the page will never be loader neither the step control are activated. The only way to reactivate it is removing the breakpoint and reload the page.
    With the Beans, if I add a breakpoint to any of the classes, it is ignored.
    By the way, I am trying to access to a class in runtime, so I put it on the classpath but it is not working…. sugestions ?

Thanks for your help Scott,

Jesus

#196815 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

First, did you walk through our tutorial in the documentation on project setup and debugging? Even if you don’t do it, I suggest you read it as it will probably give you an idea of what the problem is. It’s in the online help on the website (the doc in the product is old, right now). Please see:http://myeclipseide.com/enterpriseworkbench/help/index.jsp

Once you’ve reviewed the tutorial and configured your projects in a similar manner you’ll probably figure out what’s going on.

If that doesn’t help you determine the problem, I’ll at least need to know the type and version of application server you’re using, what your deployment model is, and what your project structure looks like in order to help.

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

#196816 Reply

sitomania

The problem is I cant see the thread of tomcat, I just have access to:
    TomcatServer
    org.apache.catalina.startup.bootstrap at localhost
    System thread [finalizer] Running
    System thread [Reference handler] Running
    Thread [main] Running
    C:\d2sdk1.4.0_01\bin\javaw.exe

So I can not see which thread is idle!

#196821 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Jesus,

What you’re posting looks normal for a Tomcat launch. Those are the Tomcat threads you’re seeing. If all of them say Running, then you haven’t hit a breakpoint and Tomcat is executing normally.

It starts to load ( in the status bar…. loading blah.jps…. ) but nothing more than that.

Is anything appearing in the Console window or server log files? Perhaps there’s a runtime error that is preventing the pages from running. Do they run without any breakpoints set at all?

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: I can not debug JSPs

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in