facebook

I need help with maps API

1. MobiOne Archive
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help – General
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I hope someone can help me with this;

I would like to add a map page, keep in mind that this will NOT be the startup screen, that has several markers on the single map. I would like so that when the user touches the marker, some information about the location pops up. I found these instructions here: http://www.genuitec.com/mobile/docs/usingMaps/usingMaps.html#add_markers and so I know I can do it, but when I tried, a blank map shows up on the screen. Would I be able to get clear step by step instructions on how to do this? Also, I would like to make multiple pakes that have maps on them, not just the one – so keep that in mind also. Thank you SO MUCH in advance!

#353607 Reply

Hi,

Not sure if you noticed, but in the customizing maps section there are samples that you can download and look at the source code. This may be the best option for you if the information on the pages isn’t working out.

Thanks,

#353617 Reply

TheThirdMan

The Google website has some excellent documentation for Javascript control of their map API.

#353624 Reply

Brandon, Thank you for your answer! I played around a little bit, and I did get it working, and I’m so excited! The thing though, is that I was only able to get it working when the map is on the startup page. I would like though, to have a map in a different location, to show me the same results – not just on the startup screen. Do I have to reference the folder and file name somewhere in the javascript? For example, say I have the startup screen, and then in the same directory, I have a folder named ‘texas’ and in that folder, I have another folder named ‘dallas’ and in that folder, I then have a file called ‘my-favorites.mobi’ and within this file is where I want the map to show. How do I get them properly linked? Thanks in advance!

#353627 Reply

Hi,

You can link files with buttons or other objects. Put them in your design and select the Go to Screen in the On Click action for the button, then browse for your mobi file to link it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: I need help with maps API

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in