facebook

I need some informations.

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi. I need to know if MyEclipse can do this:

I have a project, with this structure:

/src/java – Java Classes
    /src/page – JSP that will be at /WEB-INF/pages
    /src/resource – The / for my webapp
    /lib/app – The /WEB-INF/lib
    /src/generated/xml – The WEB-INF xml files.

Can I use MyEclipseIDE to do a copy within a normal WEB project struture?

Like: When I save a file thet imedialtly copy this to this struture. Can it do?

One more thing: I use web.xml taglib to map mines tlds. Can MyEclipse understand that?

#197499 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Juze,

We base our web project structure on the J2EE specification for the layout of a WAR file. This enables us to automate deployment in a variety of ways. Unfortunately, the more you deviate from this standard layout, the more difficult it is to deploy your application. For the structure you have, I’d recommend the following:

Create a new Web Project using our wizard.
      Set up ‘src’ as the Java source directory and WebRoot as the web root
      Copy src/java from your existing project into the new ‘src’ directory
      Copy src/page and src/resource into WebRoot
      Copy lib/app into WebRoot/WEB-INF/lib
      Copy src/generated/xml into WebRoot/WEB-INF directory

Can I use MyEclipseIDE to do a copy within a normal WEB project struture? Like: When I save a file thet imedialtly copy this to this struture. Can it do?

We don’t have any facility to copy the exploded WAR structure into random structures that you may have been using.

One more thing: I use web.xml taglib to map mines tlds. Can MyEclipse understand that?

Yes, we have full support for tablibs.

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

#197505 Reply

It can be a good thing to do.

The lib and generated code okay, but if I put my pages in “webroot” I will put my valueable code with generated code. It is not a good thing. Its hard to backup, hard to put in CVS…

Please, consider it. In linux is easy to work with it, I generated that copy with symbolic link (ln -s), but in Windows not.

Other good thing is a fast button to run a configurable ANT task.

Thanks.

#197507 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

but if I put my pages in “webroot” I will put my valueable code with generated code. It is not a good thing. Its hard to backup, hard to put in CVS…

This I don’t understand. While your web content needs to go “under” the webroot, it doesn’t have to be flattened and placed directly “in” the web root. For the generated code you don’t want in CVS, why not place it in WebRoot/generated and then add the ‘generated’ directory to .cvsignore so none of that code is checked in?

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: I need some informations.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in