facebook

Icefaces Tutorial needs serious revision and editing

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Documentation
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

nmatrix9

Hello Guys,

Just been going the icefaces tutorial and I’ve noticed as I’ve gone through some serious omissions of critical info that would confuse the beginner, for example not explicity stating near the end that the user should create a second managed bean called customerbean etc.

Also when revising the tutorial I’d recommend NOT using toplink and instead using hibernate or openjpa as I’am having some serious problems trying to deploy the application on glassfish with the toplink libraries (throwing exceptions for some obscure toplink entitymanager class). Also I’m not sure what it is but on myeclipse 6.6 I’m getting exceptions whenever I try to deploy my application on glassfish v2.

“javax.faces.FacesException: javax.el.ELException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class com.mytutorial.jpa.EntityManagerHelper”

If anyone one in support is interested I can email you my war file and maybe you can find the issue as to what is going on. I’ve also noticed that the tutorial will not work with icefaces library 1.7.* and web.xml version 2.5 (I’ve compared my project with the one from examples on demand, looks like it was created with myeclipse version <= 6.5) could you update the tutorial on the latest version please?

Thanks,
    nmatrix9

#290792 Reply

Riyad Kalla

nmatrix9,

Thank you for the heads up, I do appreciate the input. If you could kick me your project at support@genuitec.com that would be very helpful.

#290898 Reply

Loyal Water

If anyone one in support is interested I can email you my war file and maybe you can find the issue as to what is going on.

nmatrix9, the war file you sent us is a working project or is it the one that was giving you problems?

#290932 Reply

nmatrix9

@support-nipun wrote:

If anyone one in support is interested I can email you my war file and maybe you can find the issue as to what is going on.

nmatrix9, the war file you sent us is a working project or is it the one that was giving you problems?

I sent you the file that I was having problems with. Also keep in mind I tried to run the project on GlassFish V2UR2 application server.

#291011 Reply

Riyad Kalla

nmatrix9,

Thank you for the project. It’s been filed as part of the review process for that document getting revised. No one has the bandwidth right now to dig into it directly to address issues you might be having with this particular project, but I can send you a link to a few example project ICEfaces projects we built and presented at EclipseWorld if that would help. Try these:

1. http://www.myeclipseide.com/documentation/eclipse-world-2008/web20-development/ICEfacesDemoProject.zip

2. http://www.myeclipseide.com/documentation/eclipse-world-2008/javaee-shoot-out/EmployeeWeb.zip

Both of those are ICEfaces 1.7.1/Java EE 5 projects that were deployed to MyEclipse Tomcat. So you should be able to download/import and try them out immediately.

#291040 Reply

nmatrix9

@support-rkalla wrote:

nmatrix9,

Thank you for the project. It’s been filed as part of the review process for that document getting revised. No one has the bandwidth right now to dig into it directly to address issues you might be having with this particular project, but I can send you a link to a few example project ICEfaces projects we built and presented at EclipseWorld if that would help. Try these:

1. http://www.myeclipseide.com/documentation/eclipse-world-2008/web20-development/ICEfacesDemoProject.zip

2. http://www.myeclipseide.com/documentation/eclipse-world-2008/javaee-shoot-out/EmployeeWeb.zip

Both of those are ICEfaces 1.7.1/Java EE 5 projects that were deployed to MyEclipse Tomcat. So you should be able to download/import and try them out immediately.

rkalla alright I’ll take a look thanks,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Icefaces Tutorial needs serious revision and editing

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in