facebook

IDE cannot add Maven support to project

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Maven for MyEclipse (Maven4MyEclipse)
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

crooksb
    Participant

I recently upgraded to CL 2018.0.0 all my projects migrated with no problems, now I am trying to create a new Enterprise application and the IDE is trying to add Maven support for Java EE Project facets for the 2 modules contained in the new application and it fails, every time. I have even tried to do a repair to the ide to fix the problem. I need help to get this done! Here is the error.

Errors occurred during the build.
    Errors running builder ‘Maven Project Builder’ on project ‘DpsExchangeServices’.
    Could not calculate build plan: Plugin org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-plugin:2.6 or one of its dependencies could not be resolved: Failed to read artifact descriptor for org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-plugin:jar:2.6
    Plugin org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-plugin:2.6 or one of its dependencies could not be resolved: Failed to read artifact descriptor for org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-plugin:jar:2.6
    Could not calculate build plan: Plugin org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-plugin:2.6 or one of its dependencies could not be resolved: Failed to read artifact descriptor for org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-plugin:jar:2.6
    Plugin org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-plugin:2.6 or one of its dependencies could not be resolved: Failed to read artifact descriptor for org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-plugin:jar:2.6

#600635 Reply

support-swapna

crooksb,

Sorry that you are seeing this problem.
    It looks like there is a problem downloading the required dependency to your maven local repository.

1. Are you behind a firewall or proxy? If yes, then did you setup the proxy details in the IDE here : Window > Preferences > General > Network Connections? In addition to setting up proxy details in the IDE, you should also configure the maven settings.xml with the proxy details and set the path to the settings.xml file in the IDE here : Window>Preferences>MyEclipse>Maven4MyEclipse>User Settings

If the settings.xml file is not yet there, then you need to create one called settings.xml in [user]/.m2 directory and add in the bits for the proxy: http://maven.apache.org/settings.html

2. Can you please clarify if there is a folder for 2.6 in
    [user home]/.m2/repository/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-resources-plugin/ ? If yes, then delete it, right click on the project > Maven > Update Project, check ‘Force Update of Stapshots/Releases’ and see if it fixes the problem.

3. If the above suggestion does not work, then you can add the missing plugin entry to the project’s pom.xml, try the Maven > Update Project with ‘Force Update of Stapshots/Releases’ checked. Once the Maven downloads the plugin, you can remove the entry from the pom.xml.
    Here is the code snippet to add to the pom.xml :

<dependency>
        <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
        <artifactId>maven-resources-plugin</artifactId>
        <version>2.6</version>
    </dependency>

4. If none of the suggestions work, then please share with us the complete workspace log file located at workspace dir/.metadata/.log (rename it to .txt and attach it) along with details about your network, if you have any anti virus software running which might be blocking the download of the plugins from the maven repo etc.

Apologies for inconvenience caused. Please let us know how you get on with it.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: IDE cannot add Maven support to project

This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in