facebook

IDE keeps locking up for 10 seconds

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Webclipse 1.x Help

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

andrei-ivanov
    Participant

Hi,
    Coming back to Angular IDE after some weeks of break, I find that the IDE keeps locking up once every 2-3 minutes for about 10-15 seconds.

In the progress view, after enabling the display of system jobs I keep seeing a job named “Updating licensing info” and I assume this is what’s blocking the IDE.

Any clues?

Using Eclipse Oxygen and Webclipse 1.8.3.201707051836

P.S.
    Even since I’ve started Angular IDE some months ago, I’ve noticed that the Dashboard takes forever to load and blocks Eclipse while loading, I hope this can be fixed too…

#532004 Reply

support-swapna

Andrei,

One of the users reported similar problem with IDE freeze on Mac OS Sierra. He could fix the issue by adding local pc name to /etc/hosts as suggested in this thread : https://thoeni.io/post/macos-sierra-java/

If you are working on MacOS Sierra, then can you please check if the suggestion helps?

If you are working with a different OS, then please share with us some more details :

1. OS version details and the .log file located at workspace dir/.metadata/.log.
    2. Please take a thread dump using jstack when the IDE freezes and share with us.
    Here is Eclipse page on how to get thread dump: https://wiki.eclipse.org/How_to_report_a_deadlock .
    Preferably use jstack [pid] > thread_dump.txt.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#532497 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Andrei,

Just checking in – were you able to resolve this issue?

#532654 Reply

andrei-ivanov
    Participant

Ah, with your suggestion, I remember that I’ve changed the name of my laptop and forgot to restart.
    After the restart, it seems to be fine.

I still think that the “Updating licensing info” job shouldn’t block the UI thread no matter what it’s doing.

Thanks for the help

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: IDE keeps locking up for 10 seconds

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in