facebook

IDE locks up after JSP creation

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Web Development (HTML, CSS, etc.)
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

csell

Hello,

I have reported something smilar before, but here goes again:

I just decided to use MyEclipse on a tiny web project to create a JSP. Because of previous bad experiences, I dont usually do this (I also dont like MyEclipse to manipulate my project file), but I had my courageous day today.

After creating the JSP through the ME wizard, the IDE locked up. I killed it via OS and tried to restart, but a rebuild immediately started and locked up the IDE again. I will now have to go to the project file (and other config files) to remove all MyEclipse stuff and get my project up again.

what can I say..
    christian

#228976 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Christian I’m sorry to hear you had this experience, but you haven’t given us any information that we can use to try and track down anything.

If you are willing to take the time can you please post all the information we request in the [URL=http://www.myeclipseide.com/PNphpBB2+file-viewtopic-t-393.html]Posting Guidelines[/URL] thread at the top of this forum? That will give us some context so that we can determine if this is an installation issue, a configuration problem, or a bug. Thanks.

#229014 Reply

csell

Riyad,

sorry for omitting the details, as I said I had reported almost the same issue earlier. Heres what I have:

Windows 2000,
    JDK 1.4.2_07
    Eclipse 3.0.1,
    MyEclipse 3.8.4 fresh install

I assume that this has to do with them validators again, and whatever other machinery ME employs during a project build. I removed all ME (and ibm.*) related entries from the project file, and was able to proceed.

christian

#229018 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Christian,
    This is rediculous, to us, that you should run into such a show stopping bug so quickly and besides being embaressed we are a bit frustrated that you cannot work with our product.

I have put together a clean preinstalled copy of Eclipse 3.0.2 SDK and MyEclipse 3.8.4, this just came out of the oven and can be found here:
    http://www.kallasoft.com/myeclipse/myeclipse_3.8.4.zip

Please download it, and unzip it to your C:\ drive, it will create a sub dir MyEclipse 3.8.4, and in there are the two dirs for ME and E… go into the Eclipse dir and just run eclipse.exe with no special settings (use the workspace dir that is in the eclipse dir there, not your own), then create your new web project and the JSP page and all that Jazz. Did it work? If not, go check the log file in the .metadata dir in the workspace dir, anything interest?

If that doesn’t work, then I am officially confused.

#229038 Reply

csell

Riyad,

thanks for your effort, but I dont think I feel like dl’ing 145 meg and go through all that setup right now. I am pretty sure that my current eclipse install is clean (just set it up 2 weeks ago), and besides my requirements on the web dev part arent high at the moment so that I can get around well without web app support.

In addition, the colleagues I am working with do not have ME, so I would not be able to check in the project file anyway..

regards & thanks,
    christian

#229044 Reply

Riyad Kalla

thanks for your effort, but I dont think I feel like dl’ing 145 meg and go through all that setup right now

Totally understandable, that file will be there if you want to later. I just appreciate you giving it a try after the time you’ve had with it, I really wish that weren’t the case, but alas, if there were no support issues, I wouldn’t have a job 😀

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: IDE locks up after JSP creation

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in