facebook

Importing Mobione Project

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Robert Gardner
    Participant

I’m trying to build an app that I created and successfully deployed with Mobione. I’m following the online documentation to a “T” for migrating Mobione apps to MyEclipse. I started with the date-time example and that worked fine. I’m now trying my app and I receive an error that seems to be telling me the directory I entered into the ANT file does not exist when in-fact it does… Perhaps I’m interpreting the error incorrectly. Any thoughts?

importMobiOneProjectContent:
    [echo] Synchronizing with MobiOne project content
    [echo] Properties:
    [echo] mobionePrjWWWContentDir=C:\Crew525-www
    [echo] mobioneProjectHTMLStartupFile=C:\Crew525-www
    [echo] myeclipseProjectDir=..
    [echo] myeclipseProjectWWWDir=../www
    [echo]
    [copy] Copying 29 files to C:\Users\Server\Workspaces\MyEclipse 2015 CI\fltfollow\www

BUILD FAILED
    C:\Users\Server\Workspaces\MyEclipse 2015 CI\fltfollow\script\importMobioneProjectContent.ant:49: Replace: source file C:\Crew525-www\C:\Crew525-www doesn’t exist

Total time: 1 second

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #470381 Reply

DaveClark
    Participant

Hello Robert

I had the same problem you are talking about. Read the other thread about the import process. It is called “mobione import fail”

Long story short, before you do the ant build, rearrange the mobione project directory to be in the form the ant build is expecting.

to quote”

the earlier versions of mobione had a different directory structure than the ant build expect now.

The myeclipse ant build import process is expecting the file directory structure to be in a certain format. The ant process wants the MobiOne project to be in the “c:\ mobione\www\my project” format. Not the way earlier versions of MobiOne were, example… “c\mobione\my project-www”.

it has been awhile when I learned that, so I am not explaining it good.

just try it.

good luck

#470382 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

Thanks for helping out, Dave. That may prove useful for Robert.

However, Robert, for this particular error, you’ll notice that the error message has an odd path in it: C:\Crew525-www\C:\Crew525-www . I’m not surprised that such a file couldn’t be found. It looks like you specified a folder, instead of a file, for the mobioneProjectHTMLStartupFile setting. Please correct that and try again.

Let us know if you have further problems.

#470407 Reply

Robert Gardner
    Participant

Dave-Tony

Thanks for the help… The directory structure was part of the problem…. Now my issue seems to be when I try to build MY app it’s building the datetime sample app. I think it has something to do with the template. Am I supposed to build my own template to import my project and build it? Seems the instructions said to know the reference of the Tutorial Pack folder because it’s used for all M1 projects that are imported…

PS. I even went as far to start with a clean slate and deleted ME then reinstalled thinking there was something hanging around in the config…

Thanks again for your input…Please let me know your thoughts.

#470494 Reply

Robert Gardner
    Participant

I think I may have marked my previous post as read. Woul like to know if anyone has thoughts on my above reply regarding M1 build issue.

Thanks in advance

#470496 Reply

DaveClark
    Participant

are you talking about when you run your app in the simulator after importing the project, the mobione template comes up instead of your app? if so, I had that happen to me and I did all kinds of things. I think I looked in the config.xml file in the new myeclipse directory of your project and verified that the start up file was what it was supposed to be(which I had to change) and then it worked.

I’m only throwing that out.

good luck

#470502 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

Robert,

Are you altering the import ant script to import your other project, rather than the datetime sample project?

It shouldn’t be a problem with the template as that just determines the folders and files that get created for a new project. There is nothing in the template that is specific to the datetime project.

Or perhaps we haven’t fully understood what your current issue is. If not, could you describe exactly where you’re seeing the problem and perhaps include a screen shot or the contents of a console, to help us see the issue.

#470511 Reply

Robert Gardner
    Participant

Tony / Dave,

Just completed a bottom up import/build.

1 Created a new PhoneGap project
    2 Modified the ANT file for this project to reflect directory and html start file
    3 Saved and ran the ANT build
    4 Ran project in ios sim showing erroneous datetime project
    5 Ran PhoneGap build with success..
    6 Datetime sample gets compiled vs my project

Side note… I actually imported and built this project many months ago with a previous version of ME.. I do recall some of these issues but not the one where the sample project gets built rather than my project. Please note the message from the ANT build indicating the Config.xml file not found. I had this issue in that earlier import/build attempt many months ago. However, from my recollection this only affected the icons relative to the app and not a phonegap build issue (app ran fine just with default icons).. Curious to know why the config.xml file seems to not be placed in the correct position during the project build..

In any event, I’ve attached some screen shots from this latest attempt to build..

Thanks again for your prompt reply and input. (seems I can only attach 4 files)… I post the additional information in a reply to this post..

Attachments:
    #470516 Reply

Robert Gardner
    Participant

Tony / Dave

Here are some additional screen shots…

the first shows the path used for the template. The remainder show output from simulator and build success…

Attachments:
    #470581 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

Robert,

Regarding the config.xml issue, the template was created when the standard location for the file in phonegap projects was under the www folder. Later versions of Phonegap moved the preferred location to under the project folder directly. Consequently, the config.xml file is moved during the project creation, for templates that still have the file under the www folder. This invalidates part of the ant script but this can be corrected by altering the following line:
    <replaceregexp file="${myeclipseProjectWWWDir}/config.xml"
    to
    <replaceregexp file="${myeclipseProjectDir}/config.xml"

You can make this change in the actual template to avoid having to make the change for every project.

Regarding the wrong project being built, can you check that the config.xml file (after importing the MobiOne project) points to the correct start file? This is the <content src=…> element.

From what you wrote, I get the impression that, when you right click on the project and select PhoneGap->Preview Application in Mobile Web Simulator, what you see in the simulator is the date-time project? If so, I’m at a loss to think what could be causing that but if you switch to a clean workspace (either select/type a different workspace path when launching MyEclipse or use the File->Switch Workspace menu when running MyEclipse). Create your PhoneGap project in this fresh workspace and follow the instructions to copy the MobiOne project contents to it.

Please let us know how you get on.

#470657 Reply

Robert Gardner
    Participant

Tony

I’m pleased to report that by changing the template as you first suggested above the issue was resolved and the project now builds correctly….

I have some other questions but I’ll post them under an appropriate title.

Thanks for your assistance…

#470688 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

Robert,

I’m glad the template change worked; thanks for letting us know. Please do create new topics for further issues.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Reply To: Importing Mobione Project

This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in