facebook

init.d entry

1. Secure Delivery Center
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

ic.gc.ca
    Participant

How can I determine the init.d entry if the server was installed into a user account on Linux and yes I’m trying to do this install/configuration without full root privileges, for corporate reasons I have to send the init.d entry to another group so that they can copy and paste it 🙂

Thanks for all the help!

#346710 Reply

sdc-support

Hello,

when SDC Server is installed as a service, the attached file it is created in ‘init.d’ directory.
    Unzip and You will have to update the ‘BASEDIR’ variable to point where the executable file is.
    By default is at ‘/home/your-user/secure-delivery-center/Server/server’, but, will depend on your selection when install.

Please let us know any further question you may have. We appreciate your comments.

Regards, Hugo Herrera.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #347325 Reply

ic.gc.ca
    Participant

May want to consider making this update to the script. For whatever reason on reboot the process id doesn’t get written to the process id file. Making this change allows for an infinite line length, which solves the problem.

ps -edalf | grep deliveryCenterServer | grep -v grep | awk ‘{print $4}’ > $PIDFILE

to

ps -edalfww | grep deliveryCenterServer | grep -v grep | awk ‘{print $4}’ > $PIDFILE

#347327 Reply

sdc-support

ic.gc.ca

Thanks for the suggestion. I’m logging and internal PR to try it and see how it works on our internal tests.

Best Regards
    Ignacio
    SDC Support

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: init.d entry

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in