facebook

InitializeSecurityContext: The specified target is unknown or unreachable

1. Copilot4Eclipse – GitHub Copilot on Eclipse
  2.  > 
  3. General Discussion
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

canbeyaznar_ibtech
    Participant

Hello,

Thank you for the plugin, it really helps.

My copilot version is 1.145.0 and Eclipse version is 2023-12 (4.30.0) Build id: 20231201-2043. When I open the Eclipse, copilot is working smoothly. But after a certain time (maybe 15-20 minutes) copilot gives me error. Error message:

Request checkStatus failed with message:
    InitializeSecurityContext: The specified target is unknown or unreachable

I could not add a picture of the error because of the company security

After restarting Eclipse, Copilot is working without any problems. What could be the reason for this? Copilot works in auto-complete mode. Could Copilot can not handle because there are too many requests?

Best Regards,
    Can

#700411 Reply

wayne

Thx for sharing this issue. I need to research. You may send additional info to info@genuitec.com any time.

Does this pattern of start, fail after 15-ish mins, restart, happen consistently?

Wayne
    Copilot4Eclipse Team

#700416 Reply

canbeyaznar_ibtech
    Participant

Hello,

Thank you for your return. I am not very experienced. I looked for a trace log to share with you but I couldn’t find. Is there any log file or else that I can share with you?

Does this pattern of start, fail after 15-ish mins, restart, happen consistently?

No, unfortunately sometime this method fails too. Sometimes restarting does not solve the problem. I may encounter the same error when I restart. In this case, I need to restart the Eclipse until it is fixed.

Best Regards,
    Can

#700435 Reply

wayne

Can,
    Would you please try disabling the “Strict SSL Checking” preference and see if that stabilizes your network connection. You can find the preference at Windows menu > Preferences > Copilot4Eclipse > Network & Monitoring.

Please update on your experience.
    Wayne

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #700625 Reply

canbeyaznar_ibtech
    Participant

Hello,

Sorry for late reply. I disabled “Strict SSL Checking” as you said. I used the eclipse a few days and I still getting the same error from the Copilot.

Thank you for the support.

Best Regards,
    Can

#700652 Reply

wayne

We have an updated API in development that I believe resolves this issue.
    Would you interested in help us test a development version? If yes, please send a note to info@genuitec.com to my attention Wayne.
    Also which OS are your running?

Copilot4Eclipse Team
    Wayne

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: InitializeSecurityContext: The specified target is unknown or unreachable

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in