facebook

Install Callisto Over MyEclipse

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Timothy Seibert
    Participant

Hi:
    Not so much a question as a comment. I had an Eclipse 3.2 and MyEclipse 5.0GA installed. I installed Callisto (except C/C++) via the Find and Install facility of Eclipse. On restarting Eclipse I did not have a number of Windows->Preferences. In particular, the Server preference was missing. I uninstalled MyEclipse, reinstalled Callisto and then reinstalled MyEclipse. All is well now; the Server preference shows up. Any Comments?

Regards,

Bob N-

#258437 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Bob,

MyEclipse 5.0 is fully compatible with Callisto so it’s odd that you had an issue. Could you give our installation instructions a quick read and see if there is anything in there that looks like you did differently?

However, I’d guess that the issue was likely that the Eclipse plugin cache got stale as it sometimes does not cleanly rebuild after updates. To rectify the problem you likely could have simply needed to restart Eclipse with the -clean flag one time: eclipse.exe -clean
    That should have resolved the problem without the “do over”, so it’s a good tip to have around if things go pear-shaped next time.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Install Callisto Over MyEclipse

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in