facebook

Install / Update behind a firewall [Closed]

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

scullz78

Hi,

I have installed MyEclipse 2.5.0 and wish to upgrade to 2.5.1, but I am running into problems. The company I work for has a proxy server that requires NT authentication to reach the internet. While the Install/Update settings have a place to configure a proxy, there is no place to specify a user name and password. For example, with Mozilla, I specify the proxy server and port and then when I open the browser the proxy prompts me for a user name and password. Is there a way to provide my user name and password so that I might get further updates? I understand this is not a problem specific to MyEclipse, but to Eclipse itself, but thought you may be able to help. I’m thinking I must be missing something because I’m sure this would have come up before?

thanks,
    –matt

#197237 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

I understand this is not a problem specific to MyEclipse, but to Eclipse itself, but thought you may be able to help. I’m thinking I must be missing something because I’m sure this would have come up before?

Sorry, but it doesn’t look like there is a way to specify any user credentials to the proxy server for the update manager. To upgrade you’ll have go the uninstall / reinstall route with the double-click installer. That’s one good reason we provide both approaches. Of course, if you’re not affected by any of the things listed on the News page that we addressed in the new release, there’s really no reason to upgrade at all.

You might check the Eclipse.org bug database and see if this has been issued as an enhancement request for the update manager yet.

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Install / Update behind a firewall [Closed]

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in