facebook

InstallAnywhere error [Closed]

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Frank Buff

I downloaded twice the file EnterpriseWorkbenchInstaller_020101.exe (8’251’316 bytes) but immediatly after the uncompression step I get always the same error in a dialog box:
    Please select another location to extract the installer to:
    <Browse…> button <Cancel> button
    Whatever location I set, I get always the error above.

What do I have to do ?

System info:
    Windows XP Pro SP1
    java version “1.4.1_02”
    Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.1_02-b06)
    Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.4.1_02-b06, mixed mode)

Frank

#196556 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Frank,

I just tried the installer from the website again and had no problems. Here are some things to check:
    1) How much free space do you have on your hard drive? There may not be enough room to decompress the installer.
    2) Do you have write access to the areas you’re trying to decompress to?

Of the two, I think 1) is much more likely.

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

#196563 Reply

Frank Buff

Hi,

You wrote:
    “Here are some things to check:
    1) How much free space do you have on your hard drive? There may not be enough room to decompress the installer.”
    I have enough space on my hard drive: free space 8’266’846’208 bytes (7.69Gb) reported by C: Properties window

2) Do you have write access to the areas you’re trying to decompress to?
    Sure. I’m Administrator of my personnal workstation

One clue: even if the installation fails I get on my disk a new folder like “I1056836092” containing some stuff I’m not able to cope with.
    Its size is about 9.36 Mb.
    It contains “Installer data” and “Windows” folders

Frank

#196565 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Frank,

What directory is set as the windows temp (env var TEMP) on your workstation? According to Zerog, when installing they look for 3x the size of the installer to be available in the temp space (22MB in our case). If they don’t believe they have it, they prompt for a new location. Obviously, with 8GB available, this shouldn’t be an issue.

When you open up a command line window and type “java -version” does it report the version you posted earlier? I’m wondering if perhaps you have multiple JVM versions installed and an incompatible one is being picked up.

Also, I’ve searched the Zerog support forums and someone has posted this identical question and received a reply from their support staff. The post is here, if you want to try out the recommended solution:
    http://community.zerog.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?s=3f004263393affff;act=ST;f=13;t=1343;hl=select+and+another+and+location

And another thread on the same topic is here: http://community.zerog.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?s=3f004263393affff;act=ST;f=19;t=356;hl=select+and+another+and+location

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

#196583 Reply

Frank Buff

Scott,

>What directory is set as the windows temp (env var TEMP) on your workstation?
    C:\temp

>When you open up a command line window and type “java -version” does it report the version you posted earlier?
    For sure and I don’t have multiple Java installation

I read the links to the ZeroG forums you provided me. Indeed, some users have the same problem but I had some issue to use the CTRL key down when launching the installer. I ran the command “C:\Downloaded files\Eclipse\EnterpriseWorkbenchInstaller_020101.exe” from start>run with CTRL down without any effect: same error.
    I disabled my Norton (what I did the very first time) and even stopped some services but the Installer returned the same error.

But though, I succeeded to install MyEclipse !
    I checked all the Zip files existing in a directory “I1057047642” created in the temp dir by the installer. I succeed to open all installed zip files but this one : InstallerData/IAClasses.zip Winzip returns an error telling the archive is corrupted “missing 503311643 bytes” (!!!)
    Then I discovered in an autogenerated script file you used the Enterprise version of InstallAnywhere.
    So,
    1) I requested to download the trial version of InstallAnywhere Enterprise edition (45Mb!)
    2) I installed the InstallAnywhere on my system
    3) I searched and found the “IAClasses.zip” file
    4) I replaced the “corrupted” zip file (2’168’649′ bytes) with a fresh one “2’648’412 bytes”
    5) I launched the file “Windows\Enterprise Workbench Installer.exe” with success but it failed in exception due to a Native call.
    6) I guess something was wrong in a file implementing a pure windows code like a DLL for instance
    7) I found and replaced the Windows\Resouce\iawin32.dll (replaced 68’622 bytes with the version having 68’608 bytes)
    8) I restarded the installation which ran straigthforward without any error and finally got the MyEclipse installed.
    9) I uninstalled the InstallAnywhere software
    10) I zipped the fixed content of temp installation directory for any future purpose.

Regards
    Frank

#196585 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Frank,

Without a doubt, you have got to be one of our most determined users. I am amazed at your perseverence and the effort you put forth. Given your ordeal, I’m going to post your response to the ZeroG support forum to see if the steps you describe will cause them to rethink their pat answer of “it’s the virus protection”.

Thanks again for hanging in there!

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

#263664 Reply

jcairns

Scott,

I saw your post. I am having this same issue as well, although, not nearly as committed as Frank.

Here is where I downloaded the installer from: http://www.myeclipseide.com/Downloads%2Bindex-req-viewsdownload-sid-15.html

It has a checksum to validate against – but what file is this for? There are four choices for Win env. I guess I can assume that it is just one file with multiple options. So I ran the md5 via cygwin on the dowload and I get the results below. Can you please confirm that this is one file and therefore only needs one checksum? I am downloading again and will update later.

e2d3b2ac026cfdce4f4da862cce2165c *MyEclipseEnterpriseWorkbenchInstaller_5.1.0GA_E3.2.1.exe

Version: 5.1 | Filesize: 217.74 MB | MD5 : dcef26190864358d8caf3d271dc431d6 Added on: 13-Nov-2006

#263665 Reply

jcairns

sorry – just realized this last post was from 2003 – will see if anyone replies or will post a new message.

#263666 Reply

jcairns

Please disregard –

I just downloaded the installer again and here are the results. Seems to match up.

$ md5sum.exe MyEclipseEnterpriseWorkbenchInstaller_5.1.0GA_E3.2.1.exe
    dcef26190864358d8caf3d271dc431d6 *MyEclipseEnterpriseWorkbenchInstaller_5.1.0GA_
    E3.2.1.exe

#263906 Reply

andyman32

<snip>

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Reply To: InstallAnywhere error [Closed]

This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in