facebook

InstallAnywhere fails on WinXP [Closed]

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Tim Penhey

I have looked through the existing posts but could not find an answer that worked.

WinXP, Eclipse 2.1.2 (but it never gets that far)
    EnterpriseWorkbenchInstaller_020700RC2.exe

Installer starts some extraction process then brings up a dialog box:

Title: InstallAnywhere
    Icon: Warning
    Text: Please select another location to extract the installer to:

Buttons: Choose… and Cancel.

No matter what directory I choose, it extracts some files to a temporary directory and comes back to the same dialog.

Last night I tried with JDK 1.4.2_03. Read some of the posts and tried pointing LAX_VM to a previous JDK 1.4.1_01, but that didn’t work either.

This morning I uninstalled both 1.4.1 and 1.4.2 and installed 1.4.0_01, reboots in the appropriate places, but still it comes up with the same dialog box asking for another location.

Is there any way I can get this to install?

#203242 Reply

Riyad Kalla

timpenhey,
    a few things, first definately upgrade back to 1.4.2_03, 1.4.0 has too many bugs to count and actually attributes to quite a few bug reports. Also we saw this exact behavior with someone that had a truncated installer file (had been corrupted on the download). Can you try and download the file again? Very sorry for the trouble.

#203245 Reply

Tim Penhey

Horay.

I downloaded it again, and the file was the same size as the last one, but this one works. It looks as if the previous downloaded file must have had a flipped bit somewhere (or suchlike).

Thanks for the response.
    Tim

#203254 Reply

Riyad Kalla

No problem, I’m glad you are up and running now.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: InstallAnywhere fails on WinXP [Closed]

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in