facebook

Installation trouble on Vista64

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Jason Hobbs
    Participant

Hey all…

Perhaps someone can help me out here… I’m trying to install MyEclipse 7.5 on Vista Ultimate 64-bit. When I run the installer (all-in-one – myeclipse-7.5.0-win32.exe), the installer works on what I assume is extracting the installation files and when the progress bar completes, I see “Error Preparing Installer” with the message “Could not find requested software [com.genuitec.pulse2.client.launcher.group]”

…Hitting OK closes the installer.

I’ve been battling getting a good, clean install of 7.5 on my machine for a couple days now, I got it somewhat working by installing eclipse 3.4.2 and then updating it with the j2ee stuff, and then installing the myeclipse 7.5 plugin from the update site, but based on the eclipse installation and vista weirdness, I couldn’t get my eclipse.ini file to be read (I assume it’s related to eclipse being in the program files folder and administrative permssions), so I wiped it out in order to try the cleaner all-in-one installer in the hopes it’d install into the appdata folder as I think is needed.

…Has anyone else seen this error before? I also tried installing pulse in the hopes that it could install myeclipse for me but I can’t get pulse installed either; it complains about my JVM not being found.

Any help appreciated, I’m getting desperate!

My JVM is in my system path and ‘java -version’ returns

java version “1.6.0_06”
    Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_06-b02)
    Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 10.0-b22, mixed mode)

(32-bit version of the JVM)

Thanks

Jase

#300889 Reply

Jason Hobbs
    Participant

…I made it past that error and the installation looks like it’s working now…

For anyone who is experiencing the same issue, the solution is to delete the

C:\Users\((username))\.eclipse
    C:\Users\((username))\.myeclipse

folders after a removal of eclipse. Looks like the installer was looking for a previous installation based on the presence of files in these folders.

I hope it helps someone in the same boat!

#300905 Reply

support-joy

Jase,

Good to hear you are all set and thank you for posting the resolution. This will help other users facing the same issue.

Best.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Installation trouble on Vista64

This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in