facebook

Installing 2.6.2 on Linux with Eclipse 2.1.1 [Closed]

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hey,

I used the link from your download page to install eclipse on Linux with GTK2 SWT. The installer for MyEclipse says that some errors occurred and I should check the log file (which is where?).

The installer finishes, and then eclipse opens again, but now Eclipse Platform 2.1.1 has exclamation marks next to it. It claims it may be broken.

The MyEclipse platform whines and moans. F.ex:

No plug-in: “com.genuitec.eclipse.core” included at runtime.
    No plug-in: “com.genuitec.eclipse.j2eedt.core” included at runtime.
    No plug-in: “com.eclipse.jdt.debug” included at runtime.
    No plug-in: “com.eclipse.jdt.debug.ui” included at runtime.

I did not pull down the giant eclipse with 70mb with everything. Do I need it all? Did not seem to me like source code and extra documentation would matter.

Soeren Staun-Pedersen

#199224 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Soeren,

It definately looks like you have an installation problem.

I did not pull down the giant eclipse with 70mb with everything. Do I need it all? Did not seem to me like source code and extra documentation would matter.

Yes, you really do need everything. In addition to the things you mention, the full distribution of Eclipse also includes the PDE and a few other things that MyEclipse makes use of. The full distribution is the only one that will really work.

At this point I’d suggest that you uninstall MyEclipse, uninstall Eclipse, and then download and install the full Eclipse distribution for Linux. At that point, before you run the MyEclipse installer again, set the environment variable LAX_DEBUG=1. This will cause the installer to spew out lots of output during the installation process, which may be needed in case you do have an installation issue. If you don’t have a problem, it’s just a lot of extra output we won’t need. 🙂

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

#199241 Reply

Hey Scott,

Worked perfectly. I think you should add a line to your download page, that you need to full release. I just downloaded the bits and pieces, and that did not work 🙂

Soeren.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Installing 2.6.2 on Linux with Eclipse 2.1.1 [Closed]

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in