facebook

Installing additional plugin in myeclipseide 7.0

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

kulkarni_ash

Hi
    I have just downloaded and installed myeclipseide and i am not able to add additional eclipse plugin,
    For example there is a vss plugin which i need to add to myeclipseide, normally i would just unzip the plugin in \eclipse\plugin folder, but with myeclipseide there are so many plugin folders, where do i unzip this zip file so myeclipseide will pick it up?

#292491 Reply

ernestz

At this time, you can’t simply unzip into a particular directory and expect the plug-in to be recognized.

With ME 7, there seems to have been a shift in mindset as to how external plug-ins are handled. There are many posts about this release and handling external plug-ins.

#292504 Reply

kulkarni_ash

This message has not been recovered.

#292643 Reply

kulkarni_ash

#292721 Reply

Loyal Water

#292879 Reply

#292881 Reply

Jim

#292952 Reply

Riyad Kalla

#293294 Reply

snipp80

Hi,

Where can I download 7.0M2? And is there an 7.0M2 of “Blue Edition”?

regards,
    Morten

#293315 Reply

Loyal Water

Morten,
    I have sent you the link as a “pm”.

#298479 Reply

jkaspzyk

Riyad,

Is there an update on this issue? Many users are still looking for an answer on how to get VSS 1.6.2 to work with MyEclipse 7.1.1.
    Your link http://www.poweredbypulse.com/forums/showthread.php?t=801 is dead. It says “No Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator”.

Please advise. Still looking for the specific steps to take to install this plugin.

– Jeff

#298489 Reply

support-joy

Jeff,

Can you copy and paste your installation details here? I was researching over the net for VSS 1.6.2 plugin for Eclipse. And I came across this link – http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?forum_id=733814 If you notice, it says that it supports Eclipse 3.3 Europa. I understand that you are using MyEclipse 7.1.1, which is based on Eclipse 3.4.1 Ganymede. Can you find a relevant version of eclipse plugin for VSS which supports Eclipse 3.4.1 Ganymede?

There are ways to add plugins to MyEclipse. If you have an update site. Here is the instruction to add a plugin –
    1. Help > Software Updates > Add/Remove Software
    2. Click on [Add]
    3. Click on [Add Site]/[Add Local]/[Add Archive]
    4. Enter name of the plugin
    5. Enter update site URL
    6. Click on [OK]
    7. This will list your plugin under Personal Sites.
    8. Select the plugin to be installed and click on [Next] and [Launch]
    9. After the plugin is installed it will prompt you to restart MyEclipse. At this point it is recommended to restart MyEclipse

If you have a .zip file containing plugins/features releated to the plugin to be installed. You can copy and paste plugins and features to [MyEclipse installation dir]/dropins. (If you don’t have folders named plugins/features, it is recommended that you create them under dropins and copy and paste relevant plugins/features to their respective folders)

#303484 Reply

bhaviman

#303485 Reply

bhaviman

#303487 Reply

support-joy

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
Reply To: Installing additional plugin in myeclipseide 7.0

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in