facebook

Installing Codemix for Typescript fails

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

dbscott525
    Participant

I install the Eclipse plugin and followed “Steps to Run inside CodeMix.”

I get these errors:

Node.js version: v10.16.3
    NPM version: 6.9.0

/p/EclipseWorkspace/foo2
    $ npm install
    npm WARN deprecated mkdirp@0.5.4: Legacy versions of mkdirp are no longer supported. Please update to mkdirp 1.x. (Note that the API surface has
    changed to use Promises in 1.x.)
    npm WARN typescript-hello-world@1.0.0 No repository field.

npm ERR! path P:\EclipseWorkspace\foo2\node_modules\has-flag
    npm ERR! code ENOENT
    npm ERR! errno -4058
    npm ERR! syscall rename
    npm ERR! enoent ENOENT: no such file or directory, rename ‘P:\EclipseWorkspace\foo2\node_modules\has-flag’ -> ‘P:\EclipseWorkspace\foo2\node_mod
    ules\.has-flag.DELETE’
    npm ERR! enoent This is related to npm not being able to find a file.
    npm ERR! enoent

npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:
    npm ERR! C:\Users\dbsco\AppData\Roaming\npm-cache\_logs\2020-03-28T22_39_44_478Z-debug.log

/p/EclipseWorkspace/foo2
    $ npm run hello

> typescript-hello-world@1.0.0 hello P:\EclipseWorkspace\foo2
    > ts-node src/index.ts

‘ts-node’ is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    operable program or batch file.
    npm ERR! code ELIFECYCLE
    npm ERR! errno 1
    npm ERR! typescript-hello-world@1.0.0 hello: ts-node src/index.ts
    npm ERR! Exit status 1
    npm ERR!
    npm ERR! Failed at the typescript-hello-world@1.0.0 hello script.
    npm ERR! This is probably not a problem with npm. There is likely additional logging output above.

npm ERR! C:\Users\dbsco\AppData\Roaming\npm-cache\_logs\2020-03-28T22_40_20_195Z-debug.log

#649843 Reply

support-swapna

Scott,

Thank you for trying CodeMix. Sorry that you are seeing this issue.

1. Is there any other node process running in the machine? If you have no other node process running, then try deleting the package-lock.json file and the node_modules folder from the project and try running ‘npm install’.

2. For the ts-node issue,please see this thread for suggestions : https://stackoverflow.com/questions/44764004/ts-node-is-not-recognized-as-an-internal-or-external-command-operable-program

3. If you are still seeing issues with npm install, then please let us know if any anti virus software is running in the machine. Also share with us the debug log from here : C:\Users\dbsco\AppData\Roaming\npm-cache\_logs\ to help us investigate further.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#650934 Reply

dbscott525
    Participant

I had node installed on my windows machine. I removed it and I still got this error:

$ npm run hello

> typescript-hello-world@1.0.0 hello P:\EclipseWorkspace\foo2 ts-node
    > src/index.ts

‘ts-node’ is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
    npm ERR! code ELIFECYCLE
    npm ERR! errno 1
    npm ERR! typescript-hello-world@1.0.0 hello: ts-node src/index.ts npm ERR! Exit status 1 npm ERR!
    npm ERR! This is probably not a problem with npm. There is likely additional logging output above.

npm ERR! C:\Users\dbsco\AppData\Roaming\npm-cache\_logs\2020-04-04T00_42_09_019Z-debug.log

/p/EclipseWorkspace/foo2

After I deleted the files as directed in step #1 I ran it again and I got this:

$ npm run hello
    npm ERR! path P:\EclipseWorkspace\foo2\package.json
    npm ERR! code ENOENT
    npm ERR! errno -4058
    npm ERR! syscall open
    npm ERR! enoent ENOENT: no such file or directory, open ‘P:\EclipseWorkspace\foo2\package.json’
    npm ERR! enoent

npm ERR! C:\Users\dbsco\AppData\Roaming\npm-cache\_logs\2020-04-04T00_49_22_300Z-debug.log

/p/EclipseWorkspace/foo2
    $

It seems like it got worse.

I couldn’t follow step #2 because I didn’t understand any of it. I’m new to Javascript, Typescript, and Node. It looks as though step #2 is for experienced JS/Node programmers. One of the reasons I downloaded CodeMix is because the web promised it as an “educational tool.” I was hoping it would help someone out who is a beginning with Typescript.

I’ve installed Visual Studio Code and had none of these problems. I am a long time Java programmer who has been using Eclipse for many years. I was hoping I could continue to use Eclipse in my learning curve for JS.

I’ve attached all of the logs found at C:\Users\dbsco\AppData\Roaming\npm-cache\_logs\.

Best Regards,

Bruce

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #650938 Reply

dbscott525
    Participant

I had node installed on my windows machine. I removed it and I still got this error:

$ npm run hello

> typescript-hello-world@1.0.0 hello P:\EclipseWorkspace\foo2 ts-node
    > src/index.ts

‘ts-node’ is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
    npm ERR! code ELIFECYCLE
    npm ERR! errno 1
    npm ERR! typescript-hello-world@1.0.0 hello: ts-node src/index.ts npm ERR! Exit status 1 npm ERR!

npm ERR! C:\Users\dbsco\AppData\Roaming\npm-cache\_logs\2020-04-04T00_42_09_019Z-debug.log

/p/EclipseWorkspace/foo2

After I deleted the files as directed in step #1 I ran it again and I got this:

$ npm run hello
    npm ERR! path P:\EclipseWorkspace\foo2\package.json
    npm ERR! code ENOENT
    npm ERR! errno -4058
    npm ERR! syscall open
    npm ERR! enoent ENOENT: no such file or directory, open ‘P:\EclipseWorkspace\foo2\package.json’
    npm ERR! enoent

npm ERR! C:\Users\dbsco\AppData\Roaming\npm-cache\_logs\2020-04-04T00_49_22_300Z-debug.log

/p/EclipseWorkspace/foo2
    $

It seems like it got worse.

I couldn’t follow step #2 because I didn’t understand any of it. I’m new to Javascript, Typescript, and Node. It looks as though step #2 is for experienced JS/Node programmers. One of the reasons I downloaded CodeMix is because the web promised it as an “educational tool.” I was hoping it would help someone out who is a beginning with Typescript.

I’ve installed Visual Studio Code and had none of these problems. I am a long time Java programmer who has been using Eclipse for many years. I was hoping I could continue to use Eclipse in my learning curve for JS.

I’ve attached all of the logs found at C:\Users\dbsco\AppData\Roaming\npm-cache\_logs\.

Best Regards,

Bruce

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #651135 Reply

support-swapna

Bruce,

It looks like you have deleted the package.json instead of package-lock.json file. It is not clear if you have created the project in CodeMix or imported it from elsewhere. Please recheck if the ‘ts-node’ dependency is listed in the package.json.

For beginners, we have interactive tutorials available to get started with CodeMix. Go to Window > Show View > Other > CodeMix > Tutorial. Swipe through and select ‘TypeScript Quick Start’ and click on ‘Start Tutorial’ to start the tutorial for TypeScript which will guide you through project creation, installing dependencies and running it.

You can also find detailed tutorials depending on the tech you want to work with here :
    https://www.genuitec.com/docs/web-apps/modern-web/using-typescript/
    https://www.genuitec.com/products/codemix/learning-center/

If the same project is working fine in VSCode without any changes, then please share the zipped project to help us investigate it further.

Hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Installing Codemix for Typescript fails

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in