facebook

Installing Eclipse SmartHome Designer into MyEclipse, what to do?

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I like to some desing for applications using openHAB for IoT. The community recoomends to use the Eclipse SmatHome Desinger. http://docs.openhab.org/installation/designer.html#setup.
    How can I ad SmatHome Designer to MyEclipse?

#511644 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Alexander,

You can only install Smart Home into MyEclipse with the Smart Home Update site http://download.eclipse.org/smarthome/updates-release/0.8.0 and using the Help > Install from Site item.

Unfortunately, the provided update site is incomplete and the installation kept failing at different levels due to bundles that are missing from the update site. I did add a number of these manually, but the installation simply failed at the next unavailable bundle.

I would approach the SmartHome team and ask them for an update site that would allow installation into MyEclipse, or even a regular Eclipse distribution like the Eclipse for Java EE developers (I tried there too and the installation fails in similar ways). It’s possible that there is an additional update site with all the required binaries that hasn’t been referenced. I also suspect that this may be the reason why the provide a binary IDE-style installers making them easier to use.

We can investigate further, but I’m afraid the installation will not be straightforward.

#511673 Reply

Many thanks. I appriciate your efforts and do not worry that results are not available immediately. We are starting development of IoT pressure sensors for different applications and Ubuntu’s openHAB looks quite interesting for getting more secure networking. The SmartHome designer will probably help to get a large community of interested opensource hardware users to work with our new designed SmartSensors.
    Of course we can use the binary of SmartHome but I prefere to have only one develoment system in use an will be looking forward to get SmartHome designer integrated in MyEclipse. We still have some work to do the hardware design and to prepare the marketing tasks and preparing a web-site for it.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Installing Eclipse SmartHome Designer into MyEclipse, what to do?

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in