facebook

Installing MyEclipse 2.8 Beta Release

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Riyad Kalla

Quick Link: http://www.myeclipseide.com/FAQ+index-myfaq-yes-id_cat-4.html#152
    Description: FAQ link with all important information.

————————-

Short Version:
    We have setup a new Eclipse Update site just for beta releases, that is how you will get this and future beta releases installed. You can do it by adding a new Update site in the Eclipse Update utility with the following info:

Notice: MyEclipse 2.8 beta-1 is a preliminary software release and is provided “as is” for early adopter evaluation and to solicit feedback toward final feature improvements and problem resolutions. While minimal incompatibility issues between beta releases and the final 2.8 GA release we reserve the right to extend and modify all APIs, user-interfaces, and external file formats. Therefore we recommend that MyEcipse beta evaluators install this software in a non-production Eclipse environment.

We are making MyEclipse 2.8 beta-1 avaliable for direct update via the MyEclipse update site for installation convenience. We will evaluate this practice on a release by release basis. Please submit all feedback and questions to the MyEclipse Support Forums http://www.myeclipseide.com

#208405 Reply

bkaplan

I’m seeing only 2.7 on the update site. No more 2.8? Also, I installed the 2.8 beta against rc1 but the install fails against rc2. Should this be the case?

#208409 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

I’m seeing only 2.7 on the update site. No more 2.8?

Version 2.7.101 is 2.8 Beta 1. We’re reserving the numeric 2.8.0 for the GA release.

Also, I installed the 2.8 beta against rc1 but the install fails against rc2. Should this be the case?

First, I think you mean you installed the 3.8 beta against rc1, not 2.8. Regarding RC2, we’re downloading and testing this weekend. What specific problem did you encounter?

#208602 Reply

sergeyzo

All the new features regarding HTML/JSP RAD are unavailable in both 2.8.b1 and 3.8b1. Only 2 tabs shown in the HTML editor for a purely valid JSP in purely valid web app: source and preview.
    Designer (Visual Designer, WYSIWYG Designer whatsoever) is missing!!!!!

What should I do?

#208605 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

What platform are you on? At present, those features are available in Windows only.

#208615 Reply

vadimr

Hi Scott,
    I have same problem on my Windows 2000.

#208616 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Only 2 tabs shown in the HTML editor for a purely valid JSP

Please note that the designer is only available when editing an HTML page, we don’t currently allow it during JSP editing, but are working on this.

#208618 Reply

vadimr

Thanks, really for HTML files it’s working.

#208619 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Thanks, really for HTML files it’s working.

Glad to hear it. We should be able to get the designer ready for 2.8/3.8 GA release so stay tuned.

#209932 Reply

I see a 3.8 Beta 2 download but I am working on the 2.x version of Eclipse for the next few months. Do you plan a 2.8 Beta 2 and 2.8GA?

Thanks,
    James

#209946 Reply

Riyad Kalla

James,
    The amount of 3.0 downloads is truely staggering for our releases compared to 2.x, so we will focus on first getting 3.8 GA out the door (few weeks) then turn around and focused on 2.8, but it may be longer than you wish to wait. If its any consolation, I was planning on moving to Eclipse 3 after they released a few bug fix releases, but because of support I just moved over when 3.0 final came out, and oddly enough haven’t run into one problem… its very enjoyable.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Reply To: Installing MyEclipse 2.8 Beta Release

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in