facebook

Installing MyEclipse with WDSc

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Pete Helgren
    Participant

IBM FINALLY released a version of Websphere Development Studio Client (WDSc) that is based on the Eclipse 3.2.1 runtime. I have been hoping that IBM would do this so that I could consolidate my two Eclipse runtimes (one for MyEclipse and one for WDSc).

After installing WDSc 7.0 Advanced Edition and checking to make sure all was well. I installed MyEclipse using the MyEclipseEnterpriseWorkbenchInstaller_5.1.0GA_E3.2.1.exe installer. When starting MyEclipse I get the following error:

!SESSION 2007-03-12 10:23:59.224 ———————————————–
    eclipse.buildId=unknown
    java.fullversion=J2RE 1.5.0 IBM J9 2.3 Windows XP x86-32 j9vmwi3223-20061001 (JIT enabled)
    J9VM – 20060915_08260_lHdSMR
    JIT – 20060908_1811_r8
    GC – 20060906_AA
    BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US
    Framework arguments: -product com.genuitec.myeclipse.product.ide
    Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86 -product com.genuitec.myeclipse.product.ide

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.runtime 2007-03-12 10:24:07.188
    !MESSAGE Product com.genuitec.myeclipse.product.ide could not be found.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2007-03-12 10:24:07.218
    !MESSAGE Application error
    !STACK 1
    java.lang.RuntimeException: No application id has been found.
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.PlatformActivator$1.run(PlatformActivator.java:56)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:92)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:68)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:400)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:177)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:64)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:615)
    at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:336)
    at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:280)
    at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:977)
    at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:952)

Is there a jar missing here or is MyEclipse incompatible with the IBM JVM? Where else can I look to see what the problem is?

BTW, the eclipse runtime is found in the C:\Program Files\IBM\SDP70 folder and MyEclipse is invoked as follows:

“C:\Program Files\IBM\SDP70\eclipse.exe” -product com.genuitec.myeclipse.product.ide -vmargs -Duser.language=en -Xms128M -Xmx512M -XX:PermSize=64M -XX:MaxPermSize=128M

Thanks,

Pete

#267277 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Pete,

We don’t test with WDSc but I applaud your persistence. What might work is adding a -clean to that command line and see if rebuilding the plugin cache rights things.

“C:\Program Files\IBM\SDP70\eclipse.exe” -clean -product com.genuitec.myeclipse.product.ide -vmargs -Duser.language=en -Xms128M -Xmx512M -XX:PermSize=64M -XX:MaxPermSize=128M

#267298 Reply

Pete Helgren
    Participant

No joy on that approach. Same error.

I realize this is a pretty rare issue. Probably not many folks out there using this combo and both WDSc and MyEclipse are pretty “bulky” plugins to Eclipse so I am guessing unraveling the mystery would be pretty intense. However, I’d love to get back to one Eclipse runtime (for space and management issues). Where would I start in getting to the bottom of this? The error:

!MESSAGE Product com.genuitec.myeclipse.product.ide could not be found.

is either due to a classpath issue or the class or related class is failing to load. Where else might I look for errors/logs or how can I force a more detailed log to be generated? Right now the log is in C:\Documents and Settings\Pete\IBM\rationalsdp7.0\workspace\.metadata

Thanks for the pointer.

#267578 Reply

Pete Helgren
    Participant

Still waiting on an answer on this question (from my prior post):

Where else might I look for errors/logs or how can I force a more detailed log to be generated? Right now the log is in C:\Documents and Settings\Pete\IBM\rationalsdp7.0\workspace\.metadata.

Thanks,

Pete

#267584 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Pete,

You’ve got the log in the right spot and there’s not a ton of addition info that can be generated to it. However, when the product ID can’t be found, it’s almost always the problem that the plugin cache needs to be rebuilt. I guess you tried restarting with -clean as I mentioned?

One other option that might work is using the WDSc startup and then checking to see if the MyEclipse tools are available. They should be, whether you use our product ID in the startup or not if the installation went successfully.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Installing MyEclipse with WDSc

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in