facebook

Installing packs on SDC server on linux

1. Secure Delivery Center
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

gte674n

I didn’t see any instructions that made installing packs on linux obvious. I had to run the pack installation files from the installationDirectory/Server since it contained the .control file. After I figured that out, I got an error that the installer was unable to parse the .control file. I noticed that when I ran the evaluation on windows, my .control file had an extra line specifying the port the server was running on. The linux .control file did not have this so I added the line and all worked well.

#328907 Reply

sdc-support

gte674n, could you describe the flow that you are trying? Have you downloaded the latest version of SDC, it was just released the last week? To install a software pack you should only make the .run file and mark as executable, then only running the installer. Are you installing with the graphic installer or you are trying the unattended installer ?

Best Regards
    Ignacio
    SDC Support

#328908 Reply

gte674n

I did make it executable and tried to install it from my download directory. I am using Update 2 downloaded very recently and I was using the graphical installer.

John

#328909 Reply

sdc-support

John, one last question, Are you upgrading your SDC Server from SDC Update 1 to SDC Update 2 ? On Linux you are running the SDC Server as a service?

Best Regards
    Ignacio
    SDC Support

#328911 Reply

gte674n

It was a fresh install of Update 2 and it is run as a service.

#328912 Reply

sdc-support

John, Thanks for pointing this to us, I’m opening an internal PR to investigate more about this issue, before I do that and confirm what you are are trying to do just to confirm.

1. Install SDC Server Update 2
    2. Then trying to install a software pack like Eclipse Discovery 3.7.2

On step 2 you are not able to install the software pack.

Best Regards
    Ignacio
    SDC Support

#328913 Reply

gte674n

correct

#328914 Reply

sdc-support

Thanks, John, our dev team will investigate about this issue.

Best Regards
    Ignacio
    Pulse Support

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: Installing packs on SDC server on linux

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in