facebook

iOS Builds – Can’t trigger Location Services!

1. MobiOne Archive
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help – General
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

TheThirdMan

Whatever was done to update iOS build services has screwed up the map widget. My app cannot trigger Location Services in iOS 8 on actual hardware (fine in emulator).

#352250 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

We will continue investigating this report and will do another iteration on itunes connect issue.

#352251 Reply

Paul_paul
    Participant

I built an app today and the map thing seems to be working ok on my IP5 with iOS 8

#352258 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

@XX-Man @stickleback
    I have identified an ios8 specific issue using the geolocation api that may be what XX-Man is experiencing. Here is the cordova bug I’m seeing in my use of the navigator.geolocation api https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-6911
    My map widget examples are working properly. I’ll run a few more tests.

#352262 Reply

TheThirdMan

Yes, that looks like it. In my app, I don’t even get the alert that the app is trying to determine location.

Everything works fine in the emulator, but something’s up w/ the Cordova build. I don’t mind sending you my project if necessary, it’s a small app.

#352380 Reply

TheThirdMan

Anything new? Status?

#352390 Reply

I haven’t heard anything on it yet.

#352562 Reply

TheThirdMan

Will the move to MyEclypse fix this??

#352570 Reply

Hi,

We have been focusing on the Mobione to MyEclipse migration so really haven’t looked into it much yet. However, In the forum referenced above it says its fixed in version 3.7.0 which hasn’t been released yet. So, if its not fixed yet it should be on that release.

#352571 Reply

TheThirdMan

So…that will make its way into MyEcylpse some time in 2023?

#352572 Reply

As its a PhoneGap release we have no control over when they release it, once its released it can be used by the PhoneGap build service with MyEclipse.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Reply To: iOS Builds – Can’t trigger Location Services!

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in