facebook

IOS Level System Alerts: CLOSED

1. MobiOne Archive
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help – General
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Pauldivaniii

Applications like the Wall Street Journal, Facebook and various news channels display alerts on an iPAD and iPhone when they detect something a user might be interested in. When you look at the unopened screen you see all the notifications.

I was reviewing the Notification object on Phone Gap and while is might have some features that could help I don’t think it is capable of displaying this type of alert. Is there anything Mobi-One based that will allow me to make this kind of alert?

#346784 Reply

Brandon

If I understand correctly, I have done something kind of like this, using a button (with the text set to Notifications: X, the x changes to the amount of notifs). I stored the actual information into an array, when the button was clicked it used the same array to make a new list on a new screen. Then they could just click on the item and see the info. Of course as Mobione does not run in the background there is no way to notify them when the app is closed.

Edit: The array was saved into local storage to keep on the device.

#346797 Reply

Pauldivaniii

Thanks Cindy. Kind of what I expected. This may be one application I have to build directly in Apple.

This can be marked as closed.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: IOS Level System Alerts: CLOSED

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in