facebook

iphone/Android portrait and landscape best design?

1. MobiOne Archive
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help – General
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

AiadCharkie

Hi, what is the best scenario for iphone/Android portrait and landscape design using Mobione Studio?
    Thank you

#333086 Reply

Ideaweb

The app content would normally tell in which orientation its optimal.

For instance, watching videos is obviously best in landscape..

If your app contains content which needs to be viewed in different orientations, you need to utilize the fucntion which allows this during the build process.

Your design needs to be optimized for this. You need to put great effort into the aligning and resizeing properties, hince the dimension change.

In many cases the scroll panel could also be used for optimizing content in multi orientation.

If you have any further questions, feel free to ask.

#333408 Reply

WaylandDavis

Jacob,
    You seem quite knowledgeable about MobiOne. I’m new to the entire mobile apps thing and am quite pleased with my purchase of MobiOne, though I do find a lack of information for the true novice.

My question is this: I read other blogs where apps were rejected by Apple for not supporting both portrait and landscape. I’ve designed my first apps to be in both orientations, but I’m not able to “fade” or “slide” from one page to another on a change in orientation. I can pile a bunch of panels up and change them, but that seems to defeat the logic of having multiple page capability.

Any suggestions? I don’t want to have to use the new orientation change flag and rearrange all the locations of my widgets for it to work, but may be forced to do so.

Denmark seems like a great country. Hope to visit there someday.

Wayland Davis
    (wildwex)
    Corrales, NM, USA.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: iphone/Android portrait and landscape best design?

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in