facebook

Is MyEclipse Updated To Handle Corretto JDK 11 for SOAP?

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Mork
    Participant

One of my SOAP services I haven’t had to do anything to in many years stopped working when I updated to JDK 11. One of the JAR files apparently was either no longer included by default or a class changed to another JAR file.

Although the SOAP client program works fine in Java 8, in Amazon’s Corretto JDK 11, I get this error:

“javax.xml.ws.spi.Provider: Provider com.sun.xml.ws.spi.ProviderImpl could not be instantiated”

I’m asking if MyEclipse is keeping up with JDK 11 before I pay another year’s subscription in advance.

Somewhat concerning is that your SOAP tutorial still references Java 1.6 and does not look like it’s been updated in a long time. (eek!)

Please advise.

Thanks!

M

#673271 Reply

Mork
    Participant

I went ahead and purchased the subscription, but your Java 1.6 tutorial no longer works with Amazon Corretto JDK 11. I followed the tutorial and also went into configure the facet and added JAXB which helped some of the compile issues, but even though JAX_WS was also selected, the project did not compile those annotations. No proposals on fix project set up.

Have you successfully gotten a web service client to work using Amazon Coretto JDK 11?

If I can’t get this resolved, I will request a refund.

Thanks for your help in advance,

– m

#673290 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Mork,

JAX-WS/SOAP has been a deprecated technology starting with Java 9, and it was completely removed from the JDK in Java 11. This is why your application is unlikely to run with Java 11, and this is out of our control. Given this deprecation and how old SOAP is, it isn’t a technology people use for new projects, ergo the support hasn’t needed functional updates in a long time. Of course, it must continue to work with older projects, this might mean having to stick to an older JDK.

On our side, we’ll make sure our wizards are updated to take this into account when working with Java 11 and higher projects – thank you for bringing this to our attention. I hope this adds some clarity, please let me know if I can provide further assistance.

#673355 Reply

Mork
    Participant

Deprecated but still used.

Since your reply doesn’t give me any timelines for when your wizards will work and your now-ancient (Java 1.6) walk-thorough tutorials will be updated, I will request a refund.

Thanks Brian.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Is MyEclipse Updated To Handle Corretto JDK 11 for SOAP?

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in