facebook

Is the iphone 5 screen size supported as native app: CLOSED

1. MobiOne Archive
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help – General
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

hefferan

I have designed my app using the iphone5 skin and emulator. I’ve ensured that autosize is set on my panels. I’ve tested the web version on my iphone 5 and it looks good. I’ve tested the native Android app on my Kindle fire (Android 2.3.3) and it uses the whole screen and looks decent. However, the native iOS version runs at the iphone 4/4s screen size and not the iphone 5 screen size.

Is the iphone 5 screen size supported in native app mode? If so, is there a trick or something that I am missing which enables iphone 5 screen builds in native mode?

#336577 Reply

Hi hefferan,

It’s hard to say what’s the problem without see a couple screenshots that demostrate how should looks your app. Also, sometimes is necesary to put your widgets in panel(s) to get the desired UI. Can you confirm that you have followed the instructions of UI Design – Cross-Platform Development: https://www.genuitec.com/mobile/docs/advancedUIDesign/advancedUIDesign.html

Please share the screenshots of your UI in Design Center, Test Center and device where it isn’t shown properly. If you want to keep data in privacy sent them to support at genuitec dot com, use title mobione data from hefferan.

#336655 Reply

hefferan

Hello, thank you for the reply. My app followed the design guidelines.

However, the problem was caused by my images. During the publish wizard, I set a few custom images but not all. I did not set a startup image for the iPhone 5 (only the iPhone 4s). Removing these, thus using the default images of Mobione, resolved the issue.

#336672 Reply

@hefferan,

Thanks for following up sharing your success. Marking thread as closed.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Is the iphone 5 screen size supported as native app: CLOSED

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in