facebook

Issues generating the Scaffolding from DB using mysql

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Spring Development
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

support-joy

Received below [pm] on MyEclipse for Spring scaffolding issue. Moving the same here –

Hello Joy, thanks for the support on the eclipse setup.

I’ve tried the myeclipse for spring with scaffolding and I am having issues, I am using mysql, here are further details of the problem. I am not sure if you do support this part, but I considered asking due to the time constraints I am on.

I am having issues generating the Scaffolding from DB using mysql, the following is shown in error.log file

Scaffolding Spring MVC CRUD Application failed.

org.hibernate.cfg.JDBCBinderException: Could not load MetaDataDialect: (Default)
    at org.hibernate.cfg.JDBCReaderFactory.newMetaDataDialect(JDBCReaderFactory.java:42)
    at org.hibernate.cfg.JDBCReaderFactory.newJDBCReader(JDBCReaderFactory.java:24)
    at org.hibernate.cfg.JDBCBinder.readDatabaseSchema(JDBCBinder.java:119)
    at org.hibernate.cfg.JDBCBinder.readFromDatabase(JDBCBinder.java:94)
    at org.hibernate.cfg.JDBCMetaDataConfiguration.readFromJDBC(JDBCMetaDataConfiguration.java:42)
    at org.skyway.integration.data.persistence.importer.hibernate.HibernateModelGenerator.createJDBCConfiguration(HibernateModelGenerator.java:157)
    at org.skyway.integration.data.persistence.importer.hibernate.HibernateModelGenerator.generateModel(HibernateModelGenerator.java:85)
    at org.skyway.integration.data.persistence.provider.datatype.TableDataTypeInputProvider.generateDataTypes(TableDataTypeInputProvider.java:202)
    at org.skyway.integration.data.persistence.provider.datatype.TableDataTypeInputProvider.getDataTypes(TableDataTypeInputProvider.java:79)
    at com.skyway.scaffolding.crud.wizard.FilteredDataTypeInputProvider.getDataTypes(FilteredDataTypeInputProvider.java:33)
    at com.skyway.scaffolding.crud.util.CrudGenerationJob.getDataTypes(CrudGenerationJob.java:205)
    at com.skyway.scaffolding.crud.util.CrudGenerationJob.generateCrud(CrudGenerationJob.java:113)
    at com.skyway.scaffolding.crud.util.CrudGenerationJob.runInWorkspace(CrudGenerationJob.java:71)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.InternalWorkspaceJob.run(InternalWorkspaceJob.java:38)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: (Default)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:494)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:410)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:398)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.loadClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:105)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:248)
    at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
    at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:247)
    at org.hibernate.util.ReflectHelper.classForName(ReflectHelper.java:147)
    at org.hibernate.cfg.JDBCReaderFactory.newMetaDataDialect(JDBCReaderFactory.java:38)
    … 14 more

I have tried all kinds of MySQL Dialects, I am using InnoDB table type.

Version of server is 5.1.46 on mac os x
    ConnectorJ version is 5.1.10

It seems the default dialect has a problem, or at least hibernate tools jars are not finding its way.

Also on 8.5 myeclipse for spring

There is no option to choose the iPhone UI or Flex, should I upgrade this?

Please I am in a crucial timeframe.

Cheers,

Satwa S. RAO

#309026 Reply

Heflin Hogan

We have not seen this particular error, so I’ll need the precise steps you’ve followed. Can you scaffold from a single table with the default settings? If you could clear out your log file before you step through the scaffolding process and attach it, it would be helpful.

As noted elsewhere, 8.5 has a known issue with scaffolding where the schema/database name in the connection string MUST match the schema/database name you are trying to scaffold, or the operation will fail. This is scheduled to be fixed in the next release.

With regard to your last question, the iPhone and Flex scaffolding options are part of the 8.6 release, which is in early access currently. Look for the MyEclipse for Spring 8.6 M1 in pulse. Keep in mind that this is pre-GA software.

#309096 Reply

Satwa S. Rao

@hhogan wrote:

We have not seen this particular error, so I’ll need the precise steps you’ve followed. Can you scaffold from a single table with the default settings? If you could clear out your log file before you step through the scaffolding process and attach it, it would be helpful.

As noted elsewhere, 8.5 has a known issue with scaffolding where the schema/database name in the connection string MUST match the schema/database name you are trying to scaffold, or the operation will fail. This is scheduled to be fixed in the next release.

With regard to your last question, the iPhone and Flex scaffolding options are part of the 8.6 release, which is in early access currently. Look for the MyEclipse for Spring 8.6 M1 in pulse. Keep in mind that this is pre-GA software.

Thank you, I am going to produce this right now.

Kind Regards,

Satwa S.

#309097 Reply

Satwa S. Rao

Hello, doing it with a single table the error remains

Here is the exception regarding this process.

org.hibernate.cfg.JDBCBinderException: Could not load MetaDataDialect: (Default)
    at org.hibernate.cfg.JDBCReaderFactory.newMetaDataDialect(JDBCReaderFactory.java:42)
    at org.hibernate.cfg.JDBCReaderFactory.newJDBCReader(JDBCReaderFactory.java:24)
    at org.hibernate.cfg.JDBCBinder.readDatabaseSchema(JDBCBinder.java:119)
    at org.hibernate.cfg.JDBCBinder.readFromDatabase(JDBCBinder.java:94)
    at org.hibernate.cfg.JDBCMetaDataConfiguration.readFromJDBC(JDBCMetaDataConfiguration.java:42)
    at org.skyway.integration.data.persistence.importer.hibernate.HibernateModelGenerator.createJDBCConfiguration(HibernateModelGenerator.java:157)
    at org.skyway.integration.data.persistence.importer.hibernate.HibernateModelGenerator.generateModel(HibernateModelGenerator.java:85)
    at org.skyway.integration.data.persistence.provider.datatype.TableDataTypeInputProvider.generateDataTypes(TableDataTypeInputProvider.java:202)
    at org.skyway.integration.data.persistence.provider.datatype.TableDataTypeInputProvider.getDataTypes(TableDataTypeInputProvider.java:79)
    at com.skyway.scaffolding.crud.wizard.FilteredDataTypeInputProvider.getDataTypes(FilteredDataTypeInputProvider.java:33)
    at com.skyway.scaffolding.crud.util.CrudGenerationJob.getDataTypes(CrudGenerationJob.java:205)
    at com.skyway.scaffolding.crud.util.CrudGenerationJob.generateCrud(CrudGenerationJob.java:113)
    at com.skyway.scaffolding.crud.util.CrudGenerationJob.runInWorkspace(CrudGenerationJob.java:71)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.InternalWorkspaceJob.run(InternalWorkspaceJob.java:38)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: (Default)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:494)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:410)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:398)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.loadClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:105)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:248)
    at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
    at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:247)
    at org.hibernate.util.ReflectHelper.classForName(ReflectHelper.java:147)
    at org.hibernate.cfg.JDBCReaderFactory.newMetaDataDialect(JDBCReaderFactory.java:38)
    … 14 more

Cheers,

Satwa S.

#309098 Reply

Satwa S. Rao

A screenshot may help too

http://yfrog.com/1nn65p

Cheers,

Satwa

#309102 Reply

Heflin Hogan

Could you attach a screenshot of the table select dialog, before you press the “next” button?

#309103 Reply

Satwa S. Rao

Sure, one sec please.

#309104 Reply

Satwa S. Rao

I took a set of screenshots, is there any e-mail I can send this in a zip file? Thanks

#309105 Reply

Satwa S. Rao

I took a set of screenshots, is there any e-mail I can send this in a zip file? Thanks

#309106 Reply

Satwa S. Rao

#309107 Reply

Heflin Hogan

You can send it to me in a PM here.

#309109 Reply

Satwa S. Rao

For some reason it generated several posts and I can’t remove them…
    PM sent, thanks a lot!

Cheers,

Satwa S.

#309111 Reply

Satwa S. Rao

Hello, just for the record I’ve installed the 8.6 m1 release just now and it works fine, seems to be a problem related with the 8.5 release.

I appreciate the helo

Cheers,

Satwa S.

#309112 Reply

Satwa S. Rao

I am getting lots of duplicated messages, please remove it as I can’t and I don’t want to pollute this thread.

Thanks,

Satwa S.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
Reply To: Issues generating the Scaffolding from DB using mysql

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in