facebook

Issues with sequence diagram

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. UML Development
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Rico Kahnert

I’m trying to create a sequence diagram with 8 objects and about 25 actions, and I have several problems with it.

1) after creating some asynch calls and deleting one or two again, some remaining calls lose their connection to the sender and/or receiver and I cannot delete them anymore (I have an example umr file, that I can provide, is there a way to attach it to this topic?). I even had the problem that moving around an action caused this problem, but I cannot really reproduce the problem.
      2) when I scroll the labels of the action calls are not drawn correctly/only partially visible
      3) I sometimes cannot move actions closer to the previous action to make the diagram more compact (to avoid scolling), even the broom does not help.

It is very important to me that the UML tools work well. My first point is a big issue for me. To have a clean diagram, I pretty much have to start over again and make sure that I don’t make a mistake or move around actions, or I end up with zombie actions.

Is this a known problem, is there a fix for it?

My environment:
    Windows XP
    MyEclipseIDE 6.0.2(full version including JRE and eclipse, no additional plugins)

#281585 Reply

Loyal Water

rkahnert,
    Can you hit the PM button at the bottom of my post and send me the sample umr.

#281718 Reply

Loyal Water

rkahnert,
    The xmi that you sent me is for some reason not importing the diagrams on my PC. I’ll get this checked by another developer and get back to you. Thank you for your patience.

#281778 Reply

Riyad Kalla

rkahnert,
    Unfortunately this is a known issue. Management hasn’t targetted it for a specific release yet so I don’t have an ETA on a fix for you. I’m sorry.

#282806 Reply

This message has not been recovered.

#282848 Reply

Loyal Water

#282912 Reply

#282946 Reply

Loyal Water

#283046 Reply

Sam Ayers

#283094 Reply

Loyal Water

#284596 Reply

David Edson
    Participant

Can I please please request the ability to assign a class method to a message on a sequence diagram,
    This is realy basic functionality for a sequence diagram. If you are going to allow drag and drop of classes into the sequence diagram
    you should allow the selection of a method from that class when putting a message onto it !
    Please put this in the road map, and let us know when it is available.
    Solving this basic problem will drive a huge number of UML fans to become happy MyEclipse members.

#284624 Reply

Riyad Kalla

David,
    We have been evaluating different methods of taking our UML tooling to the next level and meeting the requirements of our users (I have filed your request btw so management can see it/prioritize it).

At this point I believe management is still in the research phase and hasn’t made any firm decisions on exactly the enhancements, changes, improvements that will be made to the UML tooling. I’m sorry I don’t have more details for you at this time.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Reply To: Issues with sequence diagram

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in